Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent when you sign up for a new policy with AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent when you sign up for a new policy with AAMI

AAMI offer a wide range of insurance products including: Car, Home, Contents, Travel, Business and CTP Insurance. When you sign up for a new policy and pay using your American Express Centurion Card you'll earn 10 Bonus Points per $1 spent on transactions before 31 July 2011. So if your premium is $500, you'll earn a whopping 5,000 points.

Register at americanexpress.com.au/10xaami and take out a new policy before 31 July 2011.

Re: Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent when you sign up for a new policy with AA

Amex really don't seem to know what they are doing with there promos. I registered for the AAMI promo without reading it properly and then when I did read it, I assumed as an exisiting policy holder I wouldn't get the points (T&Cs state has to be a new policy). When I was on the phone to Amex one day chasing up points from the DSE promo the CSM confirmed that I wouldn't be eligible for the points unless it was a new account. However I paid my car insurance renewal on Friday and the bonus points have already posted. So with the platinum bonus and the AAMI bonus I got nearly 7000 points. :D Nice, but frustrating :!: I can't get points that I am eligible for and then receive points for a promotion for which I am seemingly ineligible .:confused:

Re: Earn 10 Bonus Points for every $1 spent when you sign up for a new policy with AA

Amex and their points promos are always interesting, and often not well thought out, its only when they start feeling the impact of their promotions that they change the goal posts.

Amex and their points promos are always interesting, and often not well thought out, its only when they start feeling the impact of their promotions that they change the goal posts.
Well this promo is still in place and I just got 10K points on my car insurance. Given my home insurance is due End Jan and this promo expires this month I may need to prepay this insurance.

AAMI offer a wide range of insurance products including: Car, Home, Contents, Travel, Business and CTP Insurance. When you sign up for a new policy and pay using your American Express Centurion Card you'll earn 10 Bonus Points per $1 spent on transactions before 31 July 2011. So if your premium is $500, you'll earn a whopping 5,000 points.

Register at americanexpress.com.au/10xaami and take out a new policy before 31 July 2011.

Should you not get 50000 points if it is 10p/dollar and you spend $500 ?

Is it bad math week?
500 x 10 = 5000

10 has 1 zero so you add that zero to 500 which makes it 5000

Just a timely reminder that there's only a day or so left for this promotion, so its best to get your skates on and grab some 10x bonus points whilst you can.

I renewed my car insurance yesterday, transactions posted onto my account today and the delicious 10x bonus points as well.

Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot.

Is this promotion Centurion Card only or all Amex cards? And is it still going or expired?

Is this promotion Centurion Card only or all Amex cards? And is it still going or expired?

All cards (I think). Today is the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back