Do hotel bookings through AMEX Travel recognise status?

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
I don't use AMEX travel much but have a $400 credit through my Platinum Reserve card. Do these bookings through AMEX at hotels recognise your status for the major chains, and would you typically then earn nights/points using the Amex credit?

I don't use AMEX travel much but have a $400 credit through my Platinum Reserve card. Do these bookings through AMEX at hotels recognise your status for the major chains, and would you typically then earn nights/points using the Amex credit?

On the Platinum reserve, your best bet is booking a The Hotel Collection rate, but even then it seems to be hit and miss on receiving benefits/nights.

Some discussion here: Amex FHR bookings and status nights

Plenty on FlyerTalk as well. Which hotel chains do you hold status with? Hilton seems to be the most reliable from the anecdotes I've read online.

On the Platinum reserve, your best bet is booking a The Hotel Collection rate, but even then it seems to be hit and miss on receiving benefits/nights.

Some discussion here: Amex FHR bookings and status nights

Plenty on FlyerTalk as well. Which hotel chains do you hold status with? Hilton seems to be the most reliable from the anecdotes I've read online.
yeah Hilton Diamond and Accor Gold.

Well I used the $400 Amex Travel credit to book a Novotel. Nothing through the online booking system allowed any entry of my Accor membership number. I rang Amex up and they said to speak to the Hotel or Accor. Spoke to the Novotel, they said as the booking was made through an agent, Accor memberships could not be added to the booking...

It's only one night, so I'm not going to fuss, but the free drink would've been nice!

Can confirm, recent Marriot / Bonvoy bookings via Amex Travel (FHR) have gone through. They even link in the Marriot app! :)

You add it in the final part of the checkout.

Were the nights credited into your Marriott account after the stay was done. I am curious as I have few upcoming bookings and want to make sure that I am able to use the travel credits and get the benefit of my silly gold status with Marriott. ta

With Amex Hotel bookings we have received loyalty benefits plus nights and points credited with Marriott, IHG and Hilton.

I've had more luck with Hilton than with Accor.

At Hilton it appeared in my app, they thanked me for my loyalty but nothing else (no points, breakfast etc).

At Accor they simply said it couldn't be added but they still gave me my favourite room. I'm a regular at that particular hotel somethings booking through Accor sometimes through a travel agent.

First I’ve ver heard of Amex Travel crediting to chain hotel loyalty systems. But with all the inconsistent results I might hold back for the time being. Following keenly.

Works for Hilton and Hyatt so far, booking shows up automatically in the hotel app which is always promising.

Credited with points and nights quite quickly.

Amex travel have FHR, The Hotel Collection and then their standard hotels.

The FHR should credit to various programs.
No idea on the HC
The standard hotel bookings should not give points nor benefits and will appear as Expedia bookings to the hotels. (If you get them it’s a bonus, though!)

Back