Diners Gold Wing Free For Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingles

HI guys,

Back when Ansett was flying i signed up for a life Gold Wing membership and had the Diners Club Card to earn Ansett points. After Ansetts collapse i remember that Diners offered all life members the opportunity to keep their diners card and have a Qantas membership added free for life.

The problem i now have is that for some reason Diners have started to charge me the annual fee and the people i have spoken to have no recollection of the offer nor can they provide me with any information.

I am hoping that someone here remembers what i am talking about and has some information about this so that i can show to Diners that i am entitled to receive the card free for life.

It would be great if i could find the letters they sent me however i think they are long gone...

If anyone has any info or even a copy of the letters they sent out i would be extremely thankful.

Thanks again

Indeed I do. I still have the card and (so far) have not been charged any fee other than their frequent flyer scheme fee. I have luckily found their letter (I can post it if you like) but the critical point is a footnote:

".... Diners Club reserves the right to suspend the waiver or amend (including to introduce or charge a fee) at any time"

Any sign of a fee and I'll drop them, or will as soon as I've rounded out points to overcome their ridiculaous rule that allows points transfer only in 5000 blocks.

Glad to be of help.

Copy of the letter available to anyone else who faces the same problem. Just ask!

It was mrsdrron who was life member of Golden wings.I had the DC.However they made mine fee free and 1.5 points per dollar spend.In August I got the letter saying from December they were reducing that to 1 point per dollar.I rang and told them I can now get a fee free Amex with 1.5 points per dollar so from December i would be changing over.immediately got 3 points per dollar for 2 months and now have reinstated the 1.5 points for 2008.I guess all the noise was effective.

drron said:
It was mrsdrron who was life member of Golden wings.I had the DC.However they made mine fee free and 1.5 points per dollar spend.In August I got the letter saying from December they were reducing that to 1 point per dollar.I rang and told them I can now get a fee free Amex with 1.5 points per dollar so from December i would be changing over.immediately got 3 points per dollar for 2 months and now have reinstated the 1.5 points for 2008.I guess all the noise was effective.
drron,

Just shows what can be done sometimes. Well done :!:

codash1099 said:
Indeed I do. I still have the card and (so far) have not been charged any fee other than their frequent flyer scheme fee. I have luckily found their letter (I can post it if you like) but the critical point is a footnote:

".... Diners Club reserves the right to suspend the waiver or amend (including to introduce or charge a fee) at any time"

Any sign of a fee and I'll drop them, or will as soon as I've rounded out points to overcome their ridiculaous rule that allows points transfer only in 5000 blocks.

I had the diners card and GW life membership at the time but never got the offer of free QC membership :( . Mind you, I was already a life member of QC, so maybe they somehow knew that. In any event, my wife had partner life in GW and an associate Diners card. What do you reckon the chances are of conning one out of them now for her after all this time? I never got her a QC membership.

Glad to be of help.

Copy of the letter available to anyone else who faces the same problem. Just ask!

I have just started to face the problem however luckily a google search found this thread.

Would it be possible for me to grab a copy from you codash?

Thanks

I have just started to face the problem however luckily a google search found this thread.

Thanks

Regrettably, the document seems to have grown its own wings and escaped.

Perhaps the OP still has a copy.

Regrettably, the document seems to have grown its own wings and escaped.

Perhaps the OP still has a copy.

Ah, those gold wings must have still had some life left in them.
No digital copy in an email attachment?

Lets hope the OP checks this thread :)

Every time the "Golden Wing" is mentioned, a feeling of anger develops:evil:
[ex lifetime GW member]

Ah, those gold wings must have still had some life left in them.
No digital copy in an email attachment?

Lets hope the OP checks this thread :)

Well with a last visit time of ~24 hours ago, I think they may... Otherwise, a Private Message should work!

BTW, welcome!

Thanks

Sorry mate i dont have a copy of it, lost everything a while ago when a hdd failed.

Unless codash has a copy in his 'sent items' as you suggested then you might be out of luck.

Sorry mate i dont have a copy of it, lost everything a while ago when a hdd failed.

Unless codash has a copy in his 'sent items' as you suggested then you might be out of luck.

Regrettably not. When I lose something, I do a proper job of it :(:oops:

Re: Diners Gold Wing Free For Life No Annual Fee

Hi Folks

I am having an argument with Diners Club over an annual fee they have started to charge me although I was a Life Member of Ansett Golden Wing
which promised no fees payable.

Has any-one found themselves in this situation and has any-one got a copy of the original letter they sent out to all Golden Wing Life Members?

A copy would be greatly appreciated to:

[email protected]

Cheers

John Cooper

Hi Folks

I am having an argument with Diners Club over an annual fee they have started to charge me although I was a Life Member of Ansett Golden Wing
which promised no fees payable.

Has any-one found themselves in this situation and has any-one got a copy of the original letter they sent out to all Golden Wing Life Members?

A copy would be greatly appreciated to:

[email protected]

Cheers

John Cooper

That which was lost has now been found :p! A copy is "winging" its way to you, John.

moderateff if you still need a copy (I guess it's too late now - my apologies :() let me know.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am curently in the same situation as John Cooper, having an argument with Diners Club over an annual fee, even though I was a Life Member of Ansett Golden Wing.

Codash1099, could I please request that you send me a copy of the letter you sent to John? IE. The original letter they sent out to all Golden Wing Life Members.

[email protected]

Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,
Chris.

That which was lost has now been found :p! A copy is "winging" its way to you, John.

moderateff if you still need a copy (I guess it's too late now - my apologies :() let me know.

codash, could you please send one to me also - same problem. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back