Diners Club Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic Swinger

Oneworld
Emerald
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Hoping that this can be a thread where Diners Club Australia can respond because the call centre in India, while staffed by friendly enough people, often don't seem to understand or can't help:

- I rang Diner's Club to register my Velocity number so that I could make online transfers of DC points to my Velocity account. Yet when I try to make a transfer and select Velocity from the drop-down rewards, and insert a quantity, the "Rewards Points Required" column remains 0 and I can't proceed any further

- I can't seem to register my SPG number or get them to transfer points over the phone, they seem to think I'm applying for SPG Gold status which is one of the benefits of the MC

I don't want to call the call centre again and waste half an hour going around in circles. They end up saying someone will call me back and no one ever does. Does Diners Club Australia or anyone else have any suggestions or alternative numbers to call? I'm beginning to worry that I'm accumulating DC points which I can't transfer to mileage accounts...

Hoping that this can be a thread where Diners Club Australia can respond because the call centre in India, while staffed by friendly enough people, often don't seem to understand or can't help:

Diners Club also needs to fix their Merchant Acceptance web pages. It's impossible to go to a page after the first one.

And how about Diners Club providing an e-mail address for members to communicate with them?

It's good to see a DC representative on this site.

Diners Club also needs to fix their Merchant Acceptance web pages. It's impossible to go to a page after the first one.

Ditto their iPhone app:

- to search for a merchant in "Sydney" you have to scroll through all the other possible location names in Australia which start with the letters A to S before you get to Sydney
- the search results often come up with merchants who no longer accept Diners!

- I rang Diner's Club to register my Velocity number so that I could make online transfers of DC points to my Velocity account. Yet when I try to make a transfer and select Velocity from the drop-down rewards, and insert a quantity, the "Rewards Points Required" column remains 0 and I can't proceed any further

- I can't seem to register my SPG number or get them to transfer points over the phone, they seem to think I'm applying for SPG Gold status which is one of the benefits of the MC

I don't want to call the call centre again and waste half an hour going around in circles. They end up saying someone will call me back and no one ever does. Does Diners Club Australia or anyone else have any suggestions or alternative numbers to call? I'm beginning to worry that I'm accumulating DC points which I can't transfer to mileage accounts...

I would suggest you escalate it!

Complaint Contact(s)
Citibank Customer Advocacy Unit
Citigroup Pty Limited
GPO Box 204
SYDNEY NSW 2001

Toll Free No: 1300 308 935
Fax: 02 8225 5131
Email: [email protected]

Do Citi own diners.

Have done so since they bought it from the receivers of Ansett from memory (it might have been before AN went belly up), at least for the local franchise, they have held the worldwide entity since the 80s.

I would suggest you escalate it!

Complaint Contact(s)
Citibank Customer Advocacy Unit
Citigroup Pty Limited
GPO Box 204
SYDNEY NSW 2001

Toll Free No: 1300 308 935
Fax: 02 8225 5131
Email: [email protected]

I needed these details for a complaint to Citi a while ago... Couldn't get any of these details out of them. I nearly made a complaint to the Ombudsman about the fact that Citi made it so difficult to complain... (Despite legislation clearly stating their obligations in terms of dispute resolution!!)

I needed these details for a complaint to Citi a while ago... Couldn't get any of these details out of them. I nearly made a complaint to the Ombudsman about the fact that Citi made it so difficult to complain... (Despite legislation clearly stating their obligations in terms of dispute resolution!!)

LOL, those details are from the FSO website, where its a requirement for every member to publish them.

Have done so since they bought it from the receivers of Ansett from memory (it might have been before AN went belly up), at least for the local franchise, they have held the worldwide entity since the 80s.

Citi no longer owns Diners Club International--it is owned by Discover card in the USA. Citi also sold Diners Club US and Canada to Bank of Montreal, and recently sold Diners Club UK/Ireland and Diners Club Germany/Switzerland. Australia is one of the few countries where Citi still holds the franchise. Presumably they would sell it if the price were right, as Citi promotes its own credit cards much more than Diners.

Citi no longer owns Diners Club International--it is owned by Discover card in the USA. Citi also sold Diners Club US and Canada to Bank of Montreal, and recently sold Diners Club UK/Ireland and Diners Club Germany/Switzerland. Australia is one of the few countries where Citi still holds the franchise. Presumably they would sell it if the price were right, as Citi promotes its own credit cards much more than Diners.

Thanks for the correction! I do notice there has been a flurry of new releases lately by them, trying to breathe life back into the local business.

Australia is one of the few countries where Citi still holds the franchise.

Which is where the problems may stem from. Based on my experience of Citi from three different countries, they couldn't organise their way out of a paper bag...

Yesterday I got an invite to upgrade my Diners to the DC/MC combo

DUH...I have had the attached MC for maybe six months now

Yep, they are still working their way out of the paper bag

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. We do read your entries and work on any concerns raised.

I rang Diner's Club to register my Velocity number so that I could make online transfers of DC points to my Velocity account. Yet when I try to make a transfer and select Velocity from the drop-down rewards, and insert a quantity, the "Rewards Points Required" column remains 0 and I can't proceed any further

We’ve run tests to check that Velocity and Starwood points transfers are all working online. These online transfers are working, along with the other airline and hotel transfer options. There was a fault a few weeks ago, however this was resolved. Are you able to try again? We’ve also acknowledged and passed on your feedback to our customer service team.

Diners Club also needs to fix their Merchant Acceptance web pages. It's impossible to go to a page after the first one

We have checked the Merchant pages online and haven’t identified any problems moving to other pages. If you have any more detail, that would be great. We’re also working on developing an online form to allow for an additional communication channel back to us.

There has been some discussion on Diners Club ownership. Citi did own Diners Club International globally but was sold to Discover Financial Services in the USA in 2008. Diners Club operates as different franchise businesses in different countries with different ownership structures.In some countries Citi has retained ownership. Diners Club in Australia is part of the Citi family of companies. For those with additional interest there is a very good timeline on the international website.

Thanks for your ongoing interest in our product.

We’ve run tests to check that Velocity and Starwood points transfers are all working online. These online transfers are working, along with the other airline and hotel transfer options. There was a fault a few weeks ago, however this was resolved. Are you able to try again? We’ve also acknowledged and passed on your feedback to our customer service team.

Yes it works now whereas last week it didn't. Thanks for the follow up.

We have checked the Merchant pages online and haven’t identified any problems moving to other pages. If you have any more detail, that would be great. We’re also working on developing an online form to allow for an additional communication channel back to us.

I get this problem whether I'm using Firefox on a Mac or forced to use Internet Explorer on my work PC. It will bring up the first 10 search results, when you click for the next 10, it hangs with the little search disk constantly circling. I have the same issue when I try to use the lounge search function on the International website.

Yesterday I got an invite to upgrade my Diners to the DC/MC combo

DUH...I have had the attached MC for maybe six months now

Yep, they are still working their way out of the paper bag

Likewise...

To be explicit about the Merchant pages problem, here is an example. Go to https://merchant.dinersclub.com.au/search/?keywords=&suburb=perth&x=0&y=0&search=normal and try to find the next 10 merchants. Your system hangs, and has been hanging without anyone fixing it for many months.

I'm looking forward to your online form for additional feedback. It's absurd in 2012 not to offer e-mail communication to members. Your call centre in India could not deal with a problem such as the broken Merchant Finder pages.

It's good that Diners Club Australia is intending to improve its services.

To be explicit about the Merchant pages problem, here is an example. Go to https://merchant.dinersclub.com.au/search/?keywords=&suburb=perth&x=0&y=0&search=normal and try to find the next 10 merchants. Your system hangs, and has been hanging without anyone fixing it for many months.

I'm looking forward to your online form for additional feedback. It's absurd in 2012 not to offer e-mail communication to members. Your call centre in India could not deal with a problem such as the broken Merchant Finder pages.

It's good that Diners Club Australia is intending to improve its services.

I just tried and cannot replicate your issue... I can get more pages to load by either clicking a number, clicking the single arrow or clicking the double arrows that take it to the last page...

It doesn't work here using Firefox, and as posted above by Supersonic Swinger it doesn't work using Internet Explorer. So there is definitely a problem that Diners Club has to fix.

And Citi is firing 11000 world wide,pulling out of some countries announced in the WSJ today.I wonder if they will be able to sell Diners Australia?

It doesn't work here using Firefox, and as posted above by Supersonic Swinger it doesn't work using Internet Explorer. So there is definitely a problem that Diners Club has to fix.

I'm not having a go at you - just giving another data point that it works fine for me on Safari and Chrome...

I'm not having a go at you - just giving another data point that it works fine for me on Safari and Chrome...

The frustrating thing for me is that sometimes it doesn't work, and sometimes it does. It seems to be working now, but when I tried last week it didn't, although it worked when I tried last month, after it not working for the two months prior to that. There seems to be some intermittent bug in the website or search script which crops up for some of us every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back