Diamond Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini2

Established Member
I called up yesterday requesting a stop to my Visa as I think I've lost it. The phone dude was telling me "oh there's a promotional offer and a Diamond card has been sent 5 days ago" and I asked him "is that a Visa?" and he said yes. I was under the impression Diamonds are either Amex or MC not Visa?

Just curious that's all, no biggie if I did snatched an upgrade and ended up with a MC.

I didn't know CBA did any visa at all any more? I thought everything was migrated over to MC?

I think if you already have a visa with them, then they keep you on visa instead of moving you to MC.

I personally still have a CBA visa card.

On that note, does anyone know why CBA moved to MC from Visa?

They haven't exactly dropped Visa completely, it's still being issued and I've just called them up to confirm my $59 pleb card will become a Diamond whenever the card turns up.

They haven't exactly dropped Visa completely, it's still being issued and I've just called them up to confirm my $59 pleb card will become a Diamond whenever the card turns up.

Interesting, you got a free upgrade from the basic awards to the diamond?
I am a basic awards card holder (looking to cancel) but wouldn't mind keeping it if they upgrade me to the diamond for no further cost ;)

How's that possible, may I ask ?

I cancelled a Plat card a few weeks ago to streamline my CC portfolio and did request an (free) upgrade to Diamond but was told, after CSR checked with his supervisor, that it was not possible.

So, I went ahead and cancelled the Plat.

I think if you already have a visa with them, then they keep you on visa instead of moving you to MC.

I personally still have a CBA visa card.

One can only speculate, but presumably their existing contract with Visa was coming to an end, so they went to tender and MC came up with the goods $$$, which would include income for a number of things, including paying for migrating existing Visa card holders to MC if they chose.

I had a gold Visa and changed over last year to a platinum MC/Amex, which then subsequently got upgraded again to a Diamond during their promotion just before year end, all on the same original fee.

As to how that happens - well it will be a system thing that only the people who work there could tell you the exact reasons for why one is chosen over another.

Looks like this will go on for the next couple of months and it's done in monthly batches. Only find out about this when I called them up about my card MIA and they said it will be sent with next month's batch...

Not everyone's getting a diamond, some will upgrade from pleb to gold or pleb to platinum.

Got my card yesterday and I'm stoked.

Bye bye Amex issued Amex when $1 = 3 QFF points for EVERYTHING when charged to this CBA issued Amex.

Got my card yesterday and I'm stoked.

Bye bye Amex issued Amex when $1 = 3 QFF points for EVERYTHING when charged to this CBA issued Amex.

Should that be $1 = 1.5 QFF?

...oops, you're right :oops: got a little ahead of myself...

As long as you're not spending like it's 3 :D

I love my CBA DIA AMEX.....didn't take me long to dump the QF Ultimate for ATO and normal everyday spending. CBA AMEX rocks!

That's the other thing as well, Amex issued Amex is now only crediting 0.5 pt per $ with govco, insurance and telco. So in a way this CBA card is tripling what Amex is giving out. The only downside is I'm stuck with transferring points to QFF.

That's the other thing as well, Amex issued Amex is now only crediting 0.5 pt per $ with govco, insurance and telco. So in a way this CBA card is tripling what Amex is giving out. The only downside is I'm stuck with transferring points to QFF.

You need to have a look at the ATO thread......plenty of good advice in the latest posts about earning for non-QFF

...oops, you're right :oops: got a little ahead of myself...

Thought it was for real oh well application in the shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back