Current F Lounge Menu (SYD/MEL) and relevant topics

Berlin

Established Member
I'm usually not even such a sweet tooth but that Pavlova is one of THE best deserts out there so happy to see it on this menu.

mviy

Established Member
From that photo it looks like the lounge is pretty empty. No wonder they only have the First Lounge open at this point.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

mviy

Established Member
Once flights to LHR and LAX start up again and the J lounges have reopened hopefully the menu will return closer to how it was like pre-COVID. Until then a slimmed down menu is better than no lounge at all.

Berlin

Established Member
That is a pretty terrible wine list. Food options also taken quite a hit.
I think we could never expect a full Flounge experience while the lounge is essentially open for all Gold and even Qantas Club members. I even read the QF press release from last week as "Welcome back- let's allow everyone, even the lower frequent flyers, to get a taste of First". Which makes total sense, especially while there is zero true first class departing as a "Green flight" from anywhere in Australia.

mviy

Established Member
Which makes total sense, especially while there is zero true first class departing as a "Green flight" from anywhere in Australia.
QF won’t bring back First till either the A380 is back flying or Project Sunrise. Both of these are years away. The most we can hope for are codeshares on Emirates or flying other OneWorld airlines if they offer First.

Beano

Qantas
Platinum
I'll have to make do with a breakfast visit to the QF lounge. No evening flights to WLG until late May.

NSun

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
I'm flying on QF143 next week - breakfast visit.

I'd be interested in hearing if the staff had some flexibility in doing the salt & pepper squid before 11. Pre-COVID sometimes they would, although it'd take longer as they'd have to turn on the deep frier.

Matt_01

Established Member
The most we can hope for are codeshares on Emirates or flying other OneWorld airlines if they offer First.
Out of AU OW maybe unlikely as QF, JL and QR are not using aircraft with their F product, that only leaves BA and I am of the understanding that for QFFs getting F rewards I believe may be difficult, not sure about the BA types with Avios. Also if you were looking for F overseas e.g HND-LHR or HKG-LHR I have noticed that the F rewards are available for redemption however the current operating aircraft seem to be the 789 (JL) and 350 (CX) and neither of these aircraft types F seats.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LukeSkinner

Staff online