Credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

van

I have just joined this site. I have noticed that the credit card information is biased towards AMEX. I have an ANZ Visa Platinum card that gives me about 60000 Qantas FF points per year. However this card is not mentioned. I am a regular business class flyer.

I have just joined this site. I have noticed that the credit card information is biased towards AMEX. I have an ANZ Visa Platinum card that gives me about 60000 Qantas FF points per year. However this card is not mentioned. I am a regular business class flyer.
Welcome to AFF

You could try the ANZ sub forum:

ANZ Credit Card Rewards - The Australian Frequent Flyer Online Community

I'm interested in your selection of the platinum card as the gold visa would earn the same number of points. What features of the platinum justify the extra annual fee for you?

Given your points earning there are some other card options that could earn more points for the same spend. most of these involve an AMEX card hence there is a bit of information about AMEX cards. Also AMEX can offer more flexibility in transferring points to different airline programs.

ANZ bank gave me the platinum card free of fees. Benefits are travel insurance and automatic acceptance anywhere. AMEX don't like me because I am not permanently employed.

Does anyone know where I can calculate One World status credits and ff points. In the past couple of years I have been getting close to platinum level. It would be nice to plan a journey to reach this level. In 2009 I will be doing a RWT business class as well as internal/external business flights.

ANZ bank gave me the platinum card free of fees. Benefits are travel insurance and automatic acceptance anywhere. AMEX don't like me because I am not permanently employed.

Does anyone know where I can calculate One World status credits and ff points. In the past couple of years I have been getting close to platinum level. It would be nice to plan a journey to reach this level. In 2009 I will be doing a RWT business class as well as internal/external business flights.

60,000 !! I would suggest you will earn alot more points with another card eg Citibank Plat or even CBA Plat, but if you dont pay the annual fee.........

ANZ bank gave me the platinum card free of fees.
Well that's a major benefit :mrgreen:

Your points earn suggests that you spend about $7500 per month on average. The first $2500 is earn 1 point per dollar. The remain is earning 0.5 points per dollar. You could look at getting another basic level card and try spliting your spending. That would then get up around 1 point per $ for the remain $5000 per month.

I don't have many suggestion, but maybe an Earth card ($75 annual fee), or Earth gold ($125 annual fee) from Westpac. Or maybe a NAB FF Gold for $145 per year but it is also has a monthly $3000 limit for earning maximum points.

Or maybe the cards suggested by others.

As what medhead calculated, to earn 60K points equates to roughly $7500 per month (first $2500 at $1:1, then $2:1).

Generally Amex would have a better earn per dollar but you suggest they don't want your business. If you did have an Amex and managed to send 80% of your spend per month (say $6K), you could earn 9,000 points per month from Amex, and the balance of $1500 will earn 1,500 from ANZ. Hence a total of 10.5K points per month, and each year you would get 126K points. So the question is, is 66,000 points worth say $250? Then again, read the Amex threads and you will see alot of people get annual fee waivers if you ask nicely ;)

PS. I have an ANZ PLT FF card but only do so because one particular online merchant does not accept my Citibank (fee free gold) or Amex RM.

PS. I have an ANZ PLT FF card but only do so because one particular online merchant does not accept my Citibank (fee free gold) or Amex RM.

Seems odd that they'll take a ANZ card but not a Citibank card.

Seems odd that they'll take a ANZ card but not a Citibank card.

Its an online gambling site. I believe Citibank has a stance against using their credit cards to fund gambling :!: But ..... I always pay my cards in full by its due date - if only CB knew.

Its an online gambling site. I believe Citibank has a stance against using their credit cards to fund gambling :!: But ..... I always pay my cards in full by its due date - if only CB knew.

So online poker sites will work with ANZ cards? If this is true I'm getting one, thanks for the info :)

That is correct an well know. Citibank block all forms of gambling. This is a common problem. They also seem to actively monitor for new sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back