Converting CBA Awards to QFF points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moopere

Established Member
Hi Folks,

I'm certain this subject must have been covered in detail back when the CBA made their changes for transfers to the QFF system but I cannot seem to hit the right search criteria to bring up the old posts.

I wasn't paying attention when the CBA changed their relationship with QFF. Figured I'd work it all out later and make the best of it. So, nows the time. I've got about 100K in CBA awards points and aside from paying the card fee with points every year (17,500) I don't seem to ever be tempted by anything in the awards system.

I've posted elsewhere that I've just discovered Woolies everyday awards which seems like a decent way to earn QFF points and will this afternoon look at what new CC offerings are about which will give me a better deal than the CBA Gold which is, frankly, quite pathetic.

So, I need to find a way to transfer this 100K CBA points to QFF. Can't seem to do it directly as I've just tried and I need to 'opt in' to the QFF systems at $10 a month and can't transfer historical points... so no go there. I suspect I need to go via an intermediary.

Looks like I can transfer the lot to Velocity at half value, so, 50K Velocity points, anyone know if I can then transfer, doubtless at a loss, from Velocity to QFF?

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you didn't "opt in" to Qantas... If you do a search, there are many related posts around Oct/Nov 2009.

Anyway, I'd suggest you try calling CBA and lodge a complaint (Only if your majority of the points were accrued before Jan 2010, so you may have a chance to transfer those to QFF.) This is the only way to transfer your existing points to QFF and pretty much depends on CBA's mercy.

Otherwise, use Virgin or Air NZ or even Flight Center's points plus pay.
Sometime you may find the Flight Center's option is quite okay for your situation.

So, I need to find a way to transfer this 100K CBA points to QFF. Can't seem to do it directly as I've just tried and I need to 'opt in' to the QFF systems at $10 a month and can't transfer historical points... so no go there. I suspect I need to go via an intermediary.

The fee is $10 per year, not per month. Although you can't transfer points retrospectively, you might consider opting in now so that future points can go to QFF.
I'm not aware of any way to transfer points from Velocity to QFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back