Commonwealth $0 first year for all credit cards EXCEPT diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they got their offer right, there would be no need for a free card offer. Many of the loyal customers ( including me) have opened accounts with other banks. I have shifted at least $600k a year away from CBA.

Wonder how long it will take for them to see the light?

any existing customers had luck getting a $0 fee for upgrading to gold or platinum an awards card using the product migration form?

I'm thinking the same thing, but have not done yet. Are you going to try your luck? Does CBA normally offer this benefit?

I'm thinking the same thing, but have not done yet. Are you going to try your luck? Does CBA normally offer this benefit?
on the last no annual fee for 1st year cba offer i managed to upgrade to the gold card (you new a min credit limit of 2500$) in branch using the migration form that you can download from cba site. the lady was helpful and enter something in the system and confirmed that no annaul fee would be payable in the first year. also when i called up the call centre to activate it they also confirm that my annual wouldnt be payable until sept in 2 years time becuase of the current due date on the old card. however it all depends who you talk to. i went to another cba branch and called up but they all told me the offer is not for existing credit card customers and that i would still be liable for the annual fee up front which i believe is incorrect. im thinking of getting the wifes card upgraded under the offer too. let me know how you get on?

on the last no annual fee for 1st year cba offer i managed to upgrade to the gold card (you new a min credit limit of 2500$) in branch using the migration form that you can download from cba site. the lady was helpful and enter something in the system and confirmed that no annaul fee would be payable in the first year. also when i called up the call centre to activate it they also confirm that my annual wouldnt be payable until sept in 2 years time becuase of the current due date on the old card. however it all depends who you talk to. i went to another cba branch and called up but they all told me the offer is not for existing credit card customers and that i would still be liable for the annual fee up front which i believe is incorrect. im thinking of getting the wifes card upgraded under the offer too. let me know how you get on?

Thanks for your information. Do you think go to the branch and talk to someone is more helpful than call credit card centre? I will try to give CBA a call first, if it doesn't work then I will try branch.

Thanks for your information. Do you think go to the branch and talk to someone is more helpful than call credit card centre? I will try to give CBA a call first, if it doesn't work then I will try branch.
go to your branch. . they cant do anything or authorize these deals over the phone you will be wasting your time.

go to your branch. . they cant do anything or authorize these deals over the phone you will be wasting your time.

You are so damn right, called them this afternoon and got a very shock answer, they don't know CBA has launched this campaign and even asked me where did I find this offer???:?: I think they are living in the different world. After 10 mins waiting and got the answer is the offer only applys to the new customer, if I want to do product transfer, full annual fee will apply no exemption. I thought CBA service has approved a lot, it seems I get the wrong impression.

Updating the case, emailed customer service on another day and got confirmed for mirgrating card is also eligible 0 annual fee waived for the 1st year. Just called to the card centre and asked for the migrating, no drama.

By the way, they never mention what these points are... can they transfer to QFF? or other airlines? what is the transfer rate??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back