Status
Not open for further replies.

kamchatsky

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
This is a slightly different offer. Got the email below from Flybuys. Only 20K Flybuys Points BUT you do get 3 months free VA Explore Gold:

Rewards Mastercard

NOTE: You will need to enter PROMO4 in promo field when applying to claim the offer.

This card is suitable for anyone who wants to get VA Gold quick for 3 months, and can also maintain VA Gold for another year by getting 80SCs and 1 eligible VA flight.

This card also has no international transaction fee as well.

PS: Looks like VA is handing Gold status left right and centre ...

Dear Kamchatsky,

Is your current credit card getting less rewarding? Great news - with a Coles Rewards Mastercard you collect 2 points for every $1, everywhere you shop everyday,* which you can use on flights and more.~

Right now you'll also collect 20,000 BONUS POINTS, if you apply and are approved for a Coles Rewards Mastercard by 31 August 2017 and make a purchase in the first 30 days.+ Just enter your promo code PROMO4.

Plus you'll receive an exclusive upgrade for three FREE months of Velocity Explore Gold membership, including Virgin Australia Lounge access, when you apply for and link your new or existing Velocity Frequent Flyer membership to your flybuys account. If you are already a Velocity Gold or Platinum member you will maintain your existing status.°

With the Coles Rewards Mastercard:
54092R_tick.jpg
Collect 2 points for every $1, everywhere you shop everyday, with limitless points to collect.*
54092R_tick.jpg
An annual fee of only $89.
54092R_tick.jpg
Pay no international transaction fees on purchases when you shop online or overseas.
54092R_tick.jpg
Transfer the flybuys points you collect into Velocity Points so you can fly sooner~ PLUS 1000s of other rewards to choose from.

With a Velocity Explore Gold membership you can:
• Access over 150 airport lounges.
• Get 75% Velocity Points bonus when flying Virgin Australia.
• Receive exclusive priority check-in, priority boarding and more.

Visit www.flybuys.com.au/velocity to become a member of Velocity Frequent Flyer and link your new or existing membership to your flybuys account. Remember, you must link your Velocity membership and flybuys account to receive an upgrade to Velocity Explore Gold.

Offer ends 31 August 2017.

This is a slightly different offer. Got the email below from Flybuys. Only 20K Flybuys Points BUT you do get 3 months free VA Explore Gold:

Rewards Mastercard

NOTE: You will need to enter PROMO4 in promo field when applying to claim the offer.

This card is suitable for anyone who wants to get VA Gold quick for 3 months, and can also maintain VA Gold for another year by getting 80SCs and 1 eligible VA flight.

This card also has no international transaction fee as well.

PS: Looks like VA is handing Gold status left right and centre ...

Dear Kamchatsky,

Is your current credit card getting less rewarding? Great news - with a Coles Rewards Mastercard you collect 2 points for every $1, everywhere you shop everyday,* which you can use on flights and more.~

Right now you'll also collect 20,000 BONUS POINTS, if you apply and are approved for a Coles Rewards Mastercard by 31 August 2017 and make a purchase in the first 30 days.+ Just enter your promo code PROMO4.

Plus you'll receive an exclusive upgrade for three FREE months of Velocity Explore Gold membership, including Virgin Australia Lounge access, when you apply for and link your new or existing Velocity Frequent Flyer membership to your flybuys account. If you are already a Velocity Gold or Platinum member you will maintain your existing status.°

With the Coles Rewards Mastercard:
54092R_tick.jpg
Collect 2 points for every $1, everywhere you shop everyday, with limitless points to collect.*
54092R_tick.jpg
An annual fee of only $89.
54092R_tick.jpg
Pay no international transaction fees on purchases when you shop online or overseas.
54092R_tick.jpg
Transfer the flybuys points you collect into Velocity Points so you can fly sooner~ PLUS 1000s of other rewards to choose from.

With a Velocity Explore Gold membership you can:
• Access over 150 airport lounges.
• Get 75% Velocity Points bonus when flying Virgin Australia.
• Receive exclusive priority check-in, priority boarding and more.

Visit www.flybuys.com.au/velocity to become a member of Velocity Frequent Flyer and link your new or existing membership to your flybuys account. Remember, you must link your Velocity membership and flybuys account to receive an upgrade to Velocity Explore Gold.

Offer ends 31 August 2017.

Wow that's a great deal. Gold for $89!

Excellent promo. I have not flown Virgin in years but I'm sure this could change my mind. Having just applied for the St George card, I'll wait for just before end of August before applying for this one.

Even without the Explore Gold, this is not a bad VISA/MC card if you want to earn VFF points.

Effective 0.87pts/$ VFF earn which increases to 1.00pts/$ VFF earn if you transfer during a 15% promo period. No FX fee also which is a 3% bonus on overseas spend.

Edit - It looks like a cash withdrawal OS will still cost you 3% for FX, unlike say the BW World MC.

Last edited:
I just signed up for this card last week when they were offering 20,000 Flybuys points (only). Seems I missed out on the Explore Gold offer, although it's a moot point though as I'm gold already...

I would never have said this 2 years ago, but this actually looks like a very decent card nowadays. No forex fees and (almost) 1 Velocity point or 0.8 Etihad miles per dollar. And the only real cap on points is the annual maximum number of points that can be transferred to Velocity. According to this post it even works with the ATO.

If you don't already have Velocity gold, the Explore Gold offer is icing on the cake!

Can anyone confirm if this is a targeted offer or not? My wife received the offer and will likely take it up. The promo code she received is the same as the OP's code, but the URL looks different. I'm pretty keen to apply myself and get gold status for the times when we are not travelling together.

Targeted, unfortunately!

+New customers who apply online via this email using promotion code 'PROMO4' and are approved for a Coles Credit Card between 19 June 2017 and 31 August 2017 and make a purchase (excludes cash advances and cash equivalents) within 30 days of card approval will be credited 20,000 BONUS POINTS to the flybuys account linked to that credit card within 2 weeks of that first purchase. You have been specifically selected for this offer and it is not transferable. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not available when closing/transferring from another Coles Credit Card.

Targeted, unfortunately!+New customers who apply online via this email using promotion code 'PROMO4' and are approved for a Coles Credit Card between 19 June 2017 and 31 August 2017 and make a purchase (excludes cash advances and cash equivalents) within 30 days of card approval will be credited 20,000 BONUS POINTS to the flybuys account linked to that credit card within 2 weeks of that first purchase. You have been specifically selected for this offer and it is not transferable. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not available when closing/transferring from another Coles Credit Card.
Did anyone go ahead and use the Promo code and apply for this without receiving the specific "targeted" email and have success with this offer?

Has anyone else applied? I saw the offer in my inbox so applied using the promo code and was accepted earlier this week. Wondering how long explore gold takes to come through. The Ts & Cs say within 4 weeks of receiving the 20,000 points, but hoping it comes through a bit quicker than that.

I've applied. I was conditionally approved on 25 June. They then took a week to send out ID verification forms via post, another week to process those, and now they're having internal issues preventing them from sending out the cards. Not impressed and will now likely miss having Gold for my mid-Aug trip to London.

That's frustrating. Shame they couldn't do ID verification another way.

I received my card today after being accepted on Monday. Pretty smooth process for me.
Have not seen any mention of the Explore Gold though so might call next week just to make sure.

Used the code and was approved instantly, just waiting for the card to arrive in the mail now.

Unsure if I will receive VA Explore Gold, but the offer is listed in my account.

does anyone know how many status credit you need to get Platinum if you have Explorer Gold?

Take care!
There are two offers at the moment. PROMO4 (3 mths gold and 20k Flybuys) and CHOICE1 (20k flybuys). Make sure correct one is used.

I may be a gumby, but I have come across an issue that might affect others. I have this offer available to me under my Flybuys account, clearly states Promo4, and the Gold Offer
Click Apply Now, and it takes you to Coles Financial Services website, splashing the promo of Flybuy points, and mentions the code 'choice1', then click "Get Started"
Now we are on the application form which prefills the promo code 'choice1' which I accepted without noticing its a different code to the original offer page.

I only did this last night, I have just called Coles credit card and after a long time the guy on the phone assures me I will get the 3 months gold offer, but I am really not confident in his understanding of the scenario at all.

Anyone know how long Velocity Gold Status last for if you obtain it in November this year? Wanted to try and maximise the duration of gold status as long as possible.

Anyone know how long Velocity Gold Status last for if you obtain it in November this year? Wanted to try and maximise the duration of gold status as long as possible.

Explore Gold is a 3-month period to achieve 80SCs. It doesn't matter when you hit 80, you will get 12 months of Gold starting from the end of the 3-month period.

If you don't make 80 within the 3 months you will get 12 months of Silver.

Has anyone else applied? I saw the offer in my inbox so applied using the promo code and was accepted earlier this week. Wondering how long explore gold takes to come through. The Ts & Cs say within 4 weeks of receiving the 20,000 points, but hoping it comes through a bit quicker than that.

I'm interested in knowing how long as well. I received the 20,000 points on 1 August 2017 but still waiting for Explorer Gold to kick in. I was hoping to almost be automatic despite the 4 weeks in T & Cs. I guess I'll have to wait.

I'm interested in knowing how long as well. I received the 20,000 points on 1 August 2017 but still waiting for Explorer Gold to kick in. I was hoping to almost be automatic despite the 4 weeks in T & Cs. I guess I'll have to wait.

I am also in the same boat.... my 20,000 points cleared on the 1/8/17 and I have flights with SQ to Seoul on the 2/9/17.... hoping Explorer Gold comes through before then. Roughly how long does it take to receive your Gold pack in the mail??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back