Clarification of Citibank Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

samillionaire

Intern
Hi guys,
Just a general question New to Citi customer. i just signed up for the 60k Citibank Bonus Points offer at $199 annual fee for their CitiPlat.

I also noticed that Qantas has that 50k QFF points offer spending $1k in 3 months if apply by June.

Question can I call back upon activation and query about the 50k points. Since QFF and citipoints are independant and both those are for new to Citi customers reckon i can score 60k Citipoints + 50k QFF?

also if i opt in for the $49 to Qantas to link Citi and qantas to transfer my 60k bonus points over to QFF after would the $1 spend on the card be automatically converted into QFF points or remain as Citipoints for me to transfer. or would i get both Citi and QFF.

Thanks for your help guys i would paste links but i dont have enough post

Question can I call back upon activation and query about the 50k points. Since QFF and citipoints are independant and both those are for new to Citi customers reckon i can score 60k Citipoints + 50k QFF?

No chance I'd say. You can opt into Citi Reward _or_ QFF, not both. Upon activation you have to specifically ask to be linked to QFF and pay the 49$ fee, then the card becomes direct sweep to QFF and the 60K points will become QFF points.

also if i opt in for the $49 to Qantas to link Citi and qantas to transfer my 60k bonus points over to QFF after would the $1 spend on the card be automatically converted into QFF points or remain as Citipoints for me to transfer. or would i get both Citi and QFF

You can't transfer Citi points to QFF points, its not flexible like Amex MR Ascent Premium usually is. You opt into QFF and new points earned go to QFF, previously held Citi points will remain with Citi Rewards.

I went for this and gave up. You will never get the same answer twice from different CSR's when you call Citi and if you acted upon some of the verbal advice obtained you'd be variously unhappy or maybe even in trouble.

Last edited:
I managed to transfer my Citi points to Qff by swapping to a Citibusiness Gold first and keeping my points; then transfering them from the Citibusiness to QFF. The second transfer has to be in multiples of 10,000 points and transfers 1:1.

Hope this helps.

JV

hoho thanks for your reply guys

No chance I'd say. You can opt into Citi Reward _or_ QFF, not both. Upon activation you have to specifically ask to be linked to QFF and pay the 49$ fee, then the card becomes direct sweep to QFF and the 60K points will become QFF points.

funny thing i called Citi to ask if I can get both they said when i get my card just call to activate and the rep can opt me in for both the programs??? after what you mentioned I guess probably she doesnt have a solid clue.

when you mention card becomes a direct sweep does that mean if I spend $100 in Myer for example that 100 would be moved straight into my QFF and become 100 miles or something and no citi reward points yes?

also on the website it says $199 annual fee
but theres also another link which has mention that the 60k point promo is $125 off the first year fee which would mean if standard fee is 250 the first year fee which i should get charged is 125 not 199?

funny thing i called Citi to ask if I can get both they said when i get my card just call to activate and the rep can opt me in for both the programs??? after what you mentioned I guess probably she doesnt have a solid clue.

Mostly the CSR's have no clue at all. I applied for a Platinum, was given a Gold and when I asked about the 60K points I wanted the CSR said "yes, you get those too with the Gold" ... completely false.

when you mention card becomes a direct sweep does that mean if I spend $100 in Myer for example that 100 would be moved straight into my QFF and become 100 miles or something and no citi reward points yes?

Yes.

also on the website it says $199 annual fee
but theres also another link which has mention that the 60k point promo is $125 off the first year fee which would mean if standard fee is 250 the first year fee which i should get charged is 125 not 199?

Seriously ... anyones guess. I'm not being a smarty pants. There are so many errors and inconsistencies in Citi's web presence and the CSR's can't help you in a useful way as they don't know either and will make stuff up.

If I was to really pursue a relationship with Citi at this point I'd be sticking with published T&C's and discount everything the web says or that the CSR's say. Some of their promotions don't seem to have easily available T&C's so I'd leave those alone, or perhaps email Citi for a copy of the T&C that apply to the particular deal - at least you then have something in writing. I'd also be prepared to do battle if required because its an almost certainly in all this chaos and confusion that you'll get diddled.

Moopere I have done 2 Citi Select cards so I have been a devil for punishment.
We think of Citi as "Operation Bugger Up" and some answers you get from the call centre as a bit of a bad joke.
On a lighter note we are doing well on points making on both the QF card as well as the SQ card.

Ooo thanks mo for that.
Cove what do you mean by kris? Can i get the points moved to kf as well? Apologies new to this.. when i spend i get both kris n qff pts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back