Citibank - reward point/QFF calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza

Intern
Hi all

I've been going through my Citibank statements to see how they credited reward points/QFF to me and it seems like Citi only gives you points for every full dollar spent, i.e. they ignore the decimal points and round down all amounts. So something that costs $69.90 will only give you 69 points. Is this correct?

Thanks

I've been going through my Citibank statements to see how they credited reward points/QFF to me and it seems like Citi only gives you points for every full dollar spent, i.e. they ignore the decimal points and round down all amounts. So something that costs $69.90 will only give you 69 points. Is this correct?

Pretty much.

We allocate one Point for each whole $1.00 AUD of the total value of the Eligible Transaction which is debited to your Account during the Statement Period.

Wow,I thought the Citi back office just guessed it as I dont get that close as fractions of dollars.
Is there somewhere where they list the calculation on their website like Amex?

Wow,I thought the Citi back office just guessed it as I dont get that close as fractions of dollars.
Is there somewhere where they list the calculation on their website like Amex?

I never noticed this on the plat card, but since having the select card (9months), as my spend has been increased I've noticed a minor discrepancy in $spent to points. For example my last cycle was $40k spend but only 37K points credited. No big deal but it does appear like they are penny-pinching.

Mrscove has the QF version and I have the other version of the Citi Select card so we are paying 749 and 700 per year for uncapped cards. I have stopped bothering to call the Citi back office and just work on getting lots of uncapped points.That idea is working well now after a shaky start and Mrscove is into her second year with the card. At home we are fixing our BPay limit so re-loading the card is made easy. Paying through Australia Post can waste 8 days of interest on your money.Citi Select back room must be a real mess so don't get worried by the points being out a little bit.......the big game Ito make lots of points per dollar each year to burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back