Citibank points and Advantage Points to Aadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy789

Hi All,

Have any of you more experienced FFs yet found a way to convert / launder either Citibank points or Westpac Altitude Points to AAdvantage points?

re: Citibank, this question was raised back in 2006, but so far I haven't seen a way to do it. Has anything changed?

I have (like many of you) the Citibank Platinum fee free for life - but am looking to convert the points across to AA towards two business class round the world tickets.

As I understand things, two business class RTW tickets with AA are 300,000 points, whereas they are 560,000 with Qantas.

Most of the points I accrue are through Diners Club (with the AMA) which earn at the rate of 1.5:1, and can be converted via SPG to AAdvantage at the rate of 0.625:1, or to QFF (until April) at 1:1. But I have a chunk of Citibank points and Altitude Points that I would prefer not to overlook.

Any advice well received...:D

Smithy789

Hi All,

Have any of you more experienced FFs yet found a way to convert / launder either Citibank points or Westpac Altitude Points to AAdvantage points?

re: Citibank, this question was raised back in 2006, but so far I haven't seen a way to do it. Has anything changed?

I have (like many of you) the Citibank Platinum fee free for life - but am looking to convert the points across to AA towards two business class round the world tickets.

As I understand things, two business class RTW tickets with AA are 300,000 points, whereas they are 560,000 with Qantas.

Most of the points I accrue are through Diners Club (with the AMA) which earn at the rate of 1.5:1, and can be converted via SPG to AAdvantage at the rate of 0.625:1, or to QFF (until April) at 1:1. But I have a chunk of Citibank points and Altitude Points that I would prefer not to overlook.

Any advice well received...:D

Smithy789

Well... from the citibank site (logged in)

Let your imagination soar with Platinum Personalised Rewards
Now with Platinum Personalised Rewards anything you can imagine could be your next reward! Tell us what your ideal reward would be by simply completing the details below. To help us find exactly what Reward you're looking for, the more information you can provide the better.

Why wouldn't this be good for AA points?

BTW: citibank site has slightly new design!

Good thinking - but unfortunately, the concierge service can't help me - they can't buy AAdvantage points for me with my Citibank points (although they can, of course, purchase tickets for me).

No it cant be done yet.I have suggested this to them for at least the last 2 years to no avail.In australia of course they run diners.
When you are next logged in to your citi account please send them a message suggesting they get redemptions to AA or SPG.The more that ask the more chance it is of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back