Citibank Low % balance transfer and no yearly fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
I found a link once for this, I am pretty sure it was a gold visa, no yearly fee ever and a 3.9% balance transfer for the life of the outstanding amount.

Has anyone seen this around?

Yes it is around..

but you can get 0% with other providers.....

Just Google it....
For example

HSBC's Low Rate Credit Card

hdr_feature.gif

It's that time of year when the sales are in full swing. Spend your money on more important things and save with special interest-free periods on purchases and balance transfers. Plus the annual card fee is waived in the first year.

Take advantage of these great features:

• 0% p.a. until 1 June 2008*

...just continuing my last post. HSBC will charge you 20% interest after these 6 months at 0%. And they won't be nice if you pay 1 (one) single day late. They will charge you $30. There are certainly better options around.

...just continuing my last post. HSBC will charge you 20% interest after these 6 months at 0%. And they won't be nice if you pay 1 (one) single day late. They will charge you $30. There are certainly better options around.

You're right. Read the fine print. After the interest free period, MOST cards these day revert to the cash advance rate after the interest free period is over.

Also, If you've been transacting on this card as well, you will have already been revolving at the purchases rate because payments are applied to balance transfers first.

Best option - Citibank Card Balance transfer for life and DONT Transact on the card until your Balance transfer is paid off.

You're right. Read the fine print. After the interest free period, MOST cards these day revert to the cash advance rate after the interest free period is over.

Yeah I've fallen for this trap recently. My Citibank Clear card has reverted to the cash advance rate of an incredible 20.74%. At the time when I took out the BT the cash advance rate was always the same as the purchase rate, currently 12.49%. Citibank are totally raping me now, my fault but it still sucks.

Whatever you do just remember not to go with greedy HSBC.

Why? All credit cards have a fee for paying 1 day late.

The HSBC low rate credit card is actually quite a good credit card, despite the 19.99% interest rate, as they are continually offering balance transfers at 5.99% for 6 months for existing customers. It helps reduce my credit card interest bill for 6 months at which point I pay off some of the HSBC balance and then initiate another balance transfer saving some more interest....

The HSBC low rate credit card is actually quite a good credit card, despite the 19.99% interest rate, as they are continually offering balance transfers at 5.99% for 6 months for existing customers. It helps reduce my credit card interest bill for 6 months at which point I pay off some of the HSBC balance and then initiate another balance transfer saving some more interest....

How do you get the offer? Mail? online? or can you call them up? My 6 months was up and I called to cancel the card but its been 2 motnhs and I'm still getting $0 bills. If they're willing to do the 5.99% I may keep it.

How do you get the offer? Mail? online? or can you call them up? My 6 months was up and I called to cancel the card but its been 2 motnhs and I'm still getting $0 bills. If they're willing to do the 5.99% I may keep it.
Online.

HSBC Balance Transfers

Download the form, complete it and fax it to the number provided.

Thanks. From the looks of it this is not a limited time offer. I have already trasnferred my balance to NAB for another 6 months at 0% (which is going to end in 4 months), so maybe I'll keep the card and trasnfer it back.

Saves me applying for another card later on... I think I already have to many credit card applications on my file.

Sure, they all do. The difference is that ANZ, Commonwealth and Amex cards (I work with them all) will courteously take your advice when, in an odd occasion, you need 2-3 extra days to go ahead with monthly payments and WON"T charge you a late fee.

Now, call HSBC and try the same and get back to me on the thread. You'll probably find HSBC won't allow that. This is just one little difference that for me shows the caracter of the organization.

Last edited:

Sure, they all do. The difference is that ANZ, Commonwealth and Amex cards (I work with them all) will courteously take your advice when, in an odd occasion, you need 2-3 extra days to go ahead with monthly payments and WON"T charge you a late fee.

Now, call HSBC and try the same and get back to me on the thread. You'll probably find HSBC won't allow that. This is just one little difference that for me shows the caracter of the organization.

I think Amex does not charge late payment fee, I agree with you because I always pay my bill 4 days late, once even 5 days late and no any charge nor interest at all:D. Commbank haven't tried yet, but heared from my friend westpac doesnt charge for one day late payment either, btw, she is using Virgin credit card.

I think Amex does not charge late payment fee, I agree with you because I always pay my bill 4 days late, once even 5 days late and no any charge nor interest at all:D. Commbank haven't tried yet, but heared from my friend westpac doesnt charge for one day late payment either, btw, she is using Virgin credit card.
Not sure about Amex and late fees but I did get charged an over limit fee from Amex one time when the transactions appeared on the card before the BPAY and moved into the new statement cycle. They did reverse the over limit fee after 1 phone call though.

Westpac charged me a late fee twice on the Earth card when I was a day late with the payment. In fact the BPAY was on the same day as the payment was due and they did not receive the money until Monday.

Not sure about Amex and late fees but I did get charged an over limit fee from Amex one time when the transactions appeared on the card before the BPAY and moved into the new statement cycle. They did reverse the over limit fee after 1 phone call though.

Westpac charged me a late fee twice on the Earth card when I was a day late with the payment. In fact the BPAY was on the same day as the payment was due and they did not receive the money until Monday.

Actually I just found AMEX is very easy to get those fees waived if you call them and negotiate with them, I remember last time because of delaying the payment more than 3 days, and accidently did double payment, simply call them to explain what happened. The oz staff was very helpful to issue a refund cheque, and also wavied any interest charge. But just realised, the limited offered by AMEX is quite low, I got 10K from common wealth, but Amex only offers me 2k, what a joke!

But just realised, the limited offered by AMEX is quite low, I got 10K from common wealth, but Amex only offers me 2k, what a joke!
This depends on the person and not the credit card company. You would be surprised at some of the credit limits people are able to negotiate....

This depends on the person and not the credit card company. You would be surprised at some of the credit limits people are able to negotiate....

Really, never knew about that, I should try tomorrow and see. At that time I got a phone call from Indian service center and was told can only offer me 2k credit limited, what a stingy, maybe OZ will be different.:rolleyes: Anyway, they just lose their business for the rest of 2k every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back