Citibank identity theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwaipor

What is the usual procedure with identity theft with Citibank credit cards?

My brother found out he had 10000 balance on his bill after the perpetrators found out all the security questions (old addressses etc) and asked for an express replacement card to be shipped to a different address

I have no idea...but I would be calling Citibank requesting that all accounts are frozen till it is all sorted out.

Sorry to hear about that. As he has most likely reported this to Citi by now, there should be a new card sent out in the next few days (to the proper address). He should be covered in the case of fraudulent use.

I had a Citi credit card compromised earlier this year. No unauthorised transactions got through, as Citi picked it up and then contacted me. They told me that two transactions were attempted. A new card with a different number arrived within a week.

there will be a limit of liability of a few hundred dollars probably (mentioned in the T&Cs which can be googled)

Had my card compromised last Friday with a fraudulent purchase of $4500USD with Macy's and I then cancelled my card within minutes of the transaction...a new card was issued which I received today BUT Citibank didn't advise me during 3 subsequent phone calls that I needed to sign a disputed transaction form before they would reverse the transaction...in the meantime my card went over the limit and then had issues trying to allow a direct debit to go through...all resolved now but still waiting for the fraudulent transaction to be reversed and what with the Christmas break here's hoping it's resolved before the statement is processed...if not then a stern and firm discussion will be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back