Citi Rewards To Qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB

Established Member
Things seem to have gone quiet re transfers to Qantas since the March rule changes. Has anyone had experience re transferring, paying the $19 fee for platinum card etc. Once a transfer has been made does it mean all future rewards must be transferred to Qantas?

Things seem to have gone quiet re transfers to Qantas since the March rule changes. Has anyone had experience re transferring, paying the $19 fee for platinum card etc. Once a transfer has been made does it mean all future rewards must be transferred to Qantas?
We signed up back in March, and the points are automatically transferred every month. We haven't been charged the $19 yet.

I assume you can change back to Citi rewards by opting out of Qantas.

Keep in mind if you use the CitiBusiness Card you can still transfer to Qantas (in 10,000 point blocks anyway) and it's also possible to use points for any of the other items available as well.

I organised (back in March tis year) for my Citibank Rewards to be automatically transferred to Qantas Frequent Flyer. Two transfers occured ok and then they stopped!

I've spent the last several weeks communicating with Citibank to have my accumulated Reward points transferred and for future transfers to happen automatically.

Fortunately things usually work smoothly with Citibank ...which is just as well because when things are wrong it is very hard work to get things back online. Citibank are absolutely hopeless at communicating and fixing things up. I much prefer using email or communicating over the net ...but don't expect Citibank to get the communication right. They'll give you quick replies ..but they'll be scripted and rote and often completely miss the point.

Mine went to QFF because its a bit rich being required to transfer blocks of 15,000 to velocity. To my way of thinking, I might have 14,999 points but they're untransferrable.

Keep in mind if you use the CitiBusiness Card you can still transfer to Qantas (in 10,000 point blocks anyway) and it's also possible to use points for any of the other items available as well.

Hi gibspmuh, Can you (or anyone else) answer a few questions on the Citibusiness Gold Card?

1. Do you actually need to be a business, or can an individual apply?
2. Do you need to have an ABN?
3. Is this the only "non-direct sweep" CC on the market that can transfer to Qantas FF?

Hi gibspmuh, Can you (or anyone else) answer a few questions on the Citibusiness Gold Card?

1. Do you actually need to be a business, or can an individual apply?
2. Do you need to have an ABN?
3. Is this the only "non-direct sweep" CC on the market that can transfer to Qantas FF?

There's no need to be a business to apply for the Citibusiness Gold Card as far as I'm aware. Certainly I'm not a business and have no ABN - though I transferred across from the regular Gold Card a couple of years ago. There's no requirements listed on the Citibank website requiring this either (I'm sure they're just happy to take the higher merchant fee that applies to Business Credit Cards :rolleyes:).

As far as I'm aware, this is pretty much the only non-direct sweep Visa card that can still transfer to Qantas FF. AMEX and Diners Club also have Business Cards that can non-direct sweep transfer to Qantas FF though.

a question to citibank platinum card holders,

one of my family members has the fee free for life and I am thinking of getting an additional card from them, im currently on the CBA MC platinum but was very annoyed to hear that the ratio is going to drop to 2 points per $1,

has the citibank one changed as well or is it changing??

a question to citibank platinum card holders,

one of my family members has the fee free for life and I am thinking of getting an additional card from them, im currently on the CBA MC platinum but was very annoyed to hear that the ratio is going to drop to 2 points per $1,

has the citibank one changed as well or is it changing??

The Citibank Platinum VISA/MC is still $1:1QFF. This hasn't changed, but it could at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back