160,000 Velocity points
1 points per dollar
Points transfer 2 CitiRewards points -> 1 Velocity points

128,000 Krisflyer miles
0.80 miles per dollar
Points transfer 2.5 CitiRewards points -> 1 Krisflyer miles

other perks -

Key Points:

$350 annual fee in the first year (save $350).
300,000 Citi Rewards Points when you spend $10000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from approval.
Points redeemable for $1,500 in gift cards, $1,150 profit after annual fee. (According to rwrds(rwrds.com.au))
$20,000 minimum credit limit, $100,000 maximum.
Extra Perks:

4th Night Free: Enjoy your 4th night free when you stay four consecutive nights at a huge range of hotels.
Luxury Escapes: Enjoy 10% off Limited Time Lux Exclusive hotel offers (up to $500) and international tours (up to $250) until 1 March 2023.
Priority Pass: Unlimited complimentary access to over 1,200 Priority Pass lounges around the world for you and one guest.

Full details

Appears there is a 150k P/A income requirement for this card now. Application doesn't progress until you adjust income to that level. Ozbargain reporting the same thing.

Looks worthwhile just for the KF points. Is the 4th night free still any good? I got rid of my prestige a long time ago when they reduced earn rates.

What is the best program to transfer the citi points into? I was initially going to go with velocity as its 2:1 but I read somewhere you can transfer to avios and then book on qatar and perhaps can book earlier and have more chance of getting business seats. Does anyonre know much about the avois program? I need the points for international business class travel to and from Australia and am wondering what is the best program to transfer citi reward points into?

What is the best program to transfer the citi points into? I was initially going to go with velocity as its 2:1 but I read somewhere you can transfer to avios and then book on qatar and perhaps can book earlier and have more chance of getting business seats. Does anyonre know much about the avois program? I need the points for international business class travel to and from Australia and am wondering what is the best program to transfer citi reward points into?
I actually booked a Qatar flight from Barcelona to Adelaide in J with Avios redeemed from Citi. It was 90k Avios + $300 AUD in taxes, so even with a 3:1 transfer it was 270k Citi points. Flight with SQ for comparison would have been 130.5k for a saver award + $65, so with a 2.5:1 transfer it's 326k Citi points.

So even with the higher transfer cost I feel it was better value booking with Qatar than SQ, especially since the SQ flight had a 15hr layover in Singapore.

VA for Qatar rewards was not worth it when redeeming from Citi. Yeah, it's around the same number of points as redeeming to Avios but barely any availability compared to booking with Qatar direct plus close to $900 AUD in taxes.

I actually booked a Qatar flight from Barcelona to Adelaide in J with Avios redeemed from Citi. It was 90k Avios + $300 AUD in taxes, so even with a 3:1 transfer it was 270k Citi points. Flight with SQ for comparison would have been 130.5k for a saver award + $65, so with a 2.5:1 transfer it's 326k Citi points.

So even with the higher transfer cost I feel it was better value booking with Qatar than SQ, especially since the SQ flight had a 15hr layover in Singapore.

VA for Qatar rewards was not worth it when redeeming from Citi. Yeah, it's around the same number of points as redeeming to Avios but barely any availability compared to booking with Qatar direct plus close to $900 AUD in taxes.

How long did it take to transfer your points from Citi to Avios?

Just approved, didn’t think I would, as I’ve been knocked back before with Citi, even with a great credit score and 150k + salary.

Took two full business days.
i am getting anxious, tranfered 15k Citi Rewards /5k Avios last Wednesday. As of yesterday it has been 5 full business day and the points hadn’t arrived. Lucky I did it as a ‘test’ , transfering min points instead of the whole 300k! Would have lost sleep over it by now 😅

Could anyone else share how long it took your Citi points to appear in Avios?

Thanks. I've transferred 15k Citi (5k Avios) across today (4/3) so I can search for reward flights. Will report back how long it takes

I was approved for this card a few days ago. However, I realised this morning that since I already have Virgin Money's Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (applied and received last month), I'm not sure if I'm eligible for the 300k bonus points, since Virgin Money cards are administered by Citi.

As discussed by others, the terms and conditions of the Citi Prestige Credit Card aren't clear:
Does anyone know whether existing Virgin Money cardholders are eligible for Citi-branded credit card sign-up bonuses? Yes, I should have asked before signing up, but hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited:
Tbh i don’t thinj it even specify any exclusion period in the bonus points T&C, let alone rules about owning any NAB or citi branded card. I would say it should be fine but who knows. Let us know when you reach the min spend 😅

My understanding is that
Does anyone know whether existing Virgin Money cardholders are eligible for Citi-branded credit card sign-up bonuses? Yes, I should have asked before signing up, but hindsight is 20/20.
thery are treated as different cards much the same as QANTAS and Citi were when Citi managed QANTAS FF cards becase they are different brands.
NAB now manage Citi CCs? Or QANTAS CCs? or both maybe??

Hi guys has anyone used the priority pass at Sydney International terminal 1? The terms say you can bring one guest into 'the house' lounge but additional guests will be charged at $32 USD per head. I am travelling with 3 other adults and an infant tomorrow evening and wondering is it worth paying the $64 for the other 2 adults for us all to go into the lounge?

Another option is just to go the mach2 (although PP website says its closed?) or peroni bar and use the $36 credit. The terms say I can get $72 aud worth of credit for me and 1 guest. Unsure if they will try and charge me to bring it additional guests or if we should simply go in separately.

Does anyone have any experience or advice? thanks

Hi guys has anyone used the priority pass at Sydney International terminal 1? The terms say you can bring one guest into 'the house' lounge but additional guests will be charged at $32 USD per head. I am travelling with 3 other adults and an infant tomorrow evening and wondering is it worth paying the $64 for the other 2 adults for us all to go into the lounge?

Another option is just to go the mach2 (although PP website says its closed?) or peroni bar and use the $36 credit. The terms say I can get $72 aud worth of credit for me and 1 guest. Unsure if they will try and charge me to bring it additional guests or if we should simply go in separately.

Does anyone have any experience or advice? thanks
I am curious if you can go to multiple places before a flight and get the credit and a lounge visit - or a credit at 2 locations etc?

Back