Citi Gold Credit Card special promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowman28

Now Citibank gold credit card is offering a special promotion of 2 reward points per dollar, does it mean if I convert to Kris Flyer points, it is officially $1 per Kris Flyer mile?

This sounds like a great offer until 1 Jan 2012.

Cheers

Given the annual fee of just $149, I reckon it is matching the Select credit card in some way, if you want to convert your points to Kris Flyer miles.

Great bargain!

Just went to a Citibank branch today, and the staff confirms that 1.5 Citi reward points will convert to 1 Kris Flyer mile.

So with the special promotion of 2 Citi Reward points per dollar spent on the new Gold card, it equates to 1.33 Kris Flyer miles per dollar spent until 1 Jan 2012.

Surely now we can say GOODBYE to the Westpac Kris Flyer Visa card!

:-|
Just went to a Citibank branch today, and the staff confirms that 1.5 Citi reward points will convert to 1 Kris Flyer mile.

So with the special promotion of 2 Citi Reward points per dollar spent on the new Gold card, it equates to 1.33 Kris Flyer miles per dollar spent until 1 Jan 2012.

Surely now we can say GOODBYE to the Westpac Kris Flyer Visa card!

Mine went bye-bye some months ago! I replaced it with Citi Platinum and added 40,000 KF miles to my account.. happy times :D

:-|

Mine went bye-bye some months ago! I replaced it with Citi Platinum and added 40,000 KF miles to my account.. happy times :D
Agreed, some may be using the Amex still (me included) but we all should have taken the Visa out of our wallet! Must admit I had to tell my wife to do eactly that when she got the Visa Plat, just put the Westpac Visa away somewhere.

Agreed, some may be using the Amex still (me included) but we all should have taken the Visa out of our wallet! Must admit I had to tell my wife to do eactly that when she got the Visa Plat, just put the Westpac Visa away somewhere.

Only problem with Citibank is their poor customer service over the phone. Lucky there is a branch close by near my home, so will often make the trip up there, rather than calling these guys on the phone.

Only problem with Citibank is their poor customer service over the phone. Lucky there is a branch close by near my home, so will often make the trip up there, rather than calling these guys on the phone.
Agree they aren't great but also I just don't seem to have the problems as some. Where there is a problem I generally prefer to put in writing or go to a branch anyway because of exactly the issue you mention, not sure why anyone would want to hold for half an hour on the phone sorting a problem. While Citibank are bad my experience of virtually ALL call centres is that they are not great at solving unusual problems.

Agree they aren't great but also I just don't seem to have the problems as some. Where there is a problem I generally prefer to put in writing or go to a branch anyway because of exactly the issue you mention, not sure why anyone would want to hold for half an hour on the phone sorting a problem. While Citibank are bad my experience of virtually ALL call centres is that they are not great at solving unusual problems.

Most of the staff in the Citibank branch are very friendly, helpful and professional. They even promise to speed up the credit card approval process if I make an appointment with someone in the branch. If you have sufficient cash with them, they will even assign a relationship manager with you.

Everything is a big tick with the bank, but they just have to improve their customer service over the phone.

By the way, did any one manage to negotiate with Citibank to waive the annual fee with its credit card?

It seems that they are quite desperate to sign up any new customers, and willing to waive the fee if you ask them.

I hear some customers even get 0 annual fee for life?

Now Citibank gold credit card is offering a special promotion of 2 reward points per dollar, does it mean if I convert to Kris Flyer points, it is officially $1 per Kris Flyer mile?

This sounds like a great offer until 1 Jan 2012.

Cheers

is this any existing gold citibank cc or is it a new card with new application??

is this any existing gold citibank cc or is it a new card with new application??

I checked with a Citibank staff, this only applies to normal rewards, and not for airlines frequent flyer points. This is for new card application.

Citi has let us down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back