Citi Bank Rewards - something strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallacej

Can anyone else that happens to have a citi bank credit card pls check their rewards balance and tell me if you find anything strange.
I could have an isolated instance, so don't want to say anything to put what I have at risk.

Nothing strange here .... after the slight intake in breath at the $8500 of used credit! Amazing how it adds up.

I have a direct sweep card and the points look right too, so spill the beans on your windfall.

Nothing strange here .... after the slight intake in breath at the $8500 of used credit! Amazing how it adds up.

I have a direct sweep card and the points look right too, so spill the beans on your windfall.

I would love to, however, I will keep it to myself just now, just in case there is a spy amongst us... will reveal more in 28 days... let's see what turns up.

I am certainly not aware of any promotions, or points giveaways that I could have been entitled to.

No nothing here either.:mrgreen:
Though just looked up my commbank account and i have gone from xyz00 debit to xyz000 credit in 24 hours!

No nothing here either.:mrgreen:
Though just looked up my commbank account and i have gone from xyz00 debit to xyz000 credit in 24 hours!

I believe the done thing is to withdraw it all and head overseas.

So - moral issue here. If you wake up one day and find an extra 455,000 points in your account, what do you do?

Nothing out of the ordinary in my account.

My AMEX MR account did have 2,000 points added to it though :cool:

Maybe you got mine. !!!!

On my last statement after spending nearly $ 20K there was NOTHING. I rang them and after "we will put in a query" and ringing back a week later I was told "SORRY you are over the limit of $ 120K for the year" at month 8. Still spending on their card but nothing on the statement to say limit reached. I told them I would not use the card agaiin until the 12 months were up hoping they might flick whatever switch controls it..... but no. They did not care.

Needless to say it is now :-

AMEX first, ANZ Visa 2nd & NAB M/Card with Flybys Third and Citibank not until November.

Wonder why they care ??? surely they get a percentage for the use of the card even if it is paid off in time which mine is.

So if you got 455K of extra points I recxkon they might be some of mine that CITBANK ripped me off on.

You won't blv this, but another allocation of the same amount has been posted tonight??? Has there been a promotion/competition of points as prizes???? This is in addition to the points added last night....

Maybe you got mine. !!!!

On my last statement after spending nearly $ 20K there was NOTHING. I rang them and after "we will put in a query" and ringing back a week later I was told "SORRY you are over the limit of $ 120K for the year" at month 8. Still spending on their card but nothing on the statement to say limit reached. I told them I would not use the card agaiin until the 12 months were up hoping they might flick whatever switch controls it..... but no. They did not care.

Needless to say it is now :-

AMEX first, ANZ Visa 2nd & NAB M/Card with Flybys Third and Citibank not until November.

Wonder why they care ??? surely they get a percentage for the use of the card even if it is paid off in time which mine is.

So if you got 455K of extra points I recxkon they might be some of mine that CITBANK ripped me off on.

They're not ripping you off, it is the terms and conditions on the card. Read them.

I have no problems with the conditions but they should have shown that I had reached the limit on the statement when I did rather than let me spend for no points.

They printed it in 36 point font on the statement when I had a gold card and "kindly" suggested that I had reached the limit but could upgrade to platinum and keep earning etc so their systems do know and can do it however they chose not to knowing people would keep spending Citibanl gets the cash through their cards and the fees from the merchants for no points.

Still think it is stupid but that's their rules but they should state on the statement the limit has been reached when it has.:!::-|:D

They printed it in 36 point font on the statement when I had a gold card and "kindly" suggested that I had reached the limit but could upgrade to platinum and keep earning etc so their systems do know and can do it however they chose not to knowing people would keep spending Citibanl gets the cash through their cards and the fees from the merchants for no points.

Still think it is stupid but that's their rules but they should state on the statement the limit has been reached when it has.:!::-|:D

Well, they don't mention it because you are already on their platinum card and there is nothing else to upgrade from it. One thing for sure, it is not wise to put on the statement something like this: "Please kindly stop using your platinum card until X date as you have reached your yearly cap."

Another example would be a mobile phone cap, you will not be notified if you go over your cap agreement. That's normal business practice and certainly not their fault. Once you go over, you pay the price.

I have no problems with the conditions but they should have shown that I had reached the limit on the statement when I did rather than let me spend for no points.

Perhaps if they had somewhere to upsell you from the Platinum Card then they may have alerted you :)

So - moral issue here. If you wake up one day and find an extra 455,000 points in your account, what do you do?

Share them with the AFF Community so they keep their mouth shut!

:p

You won't blv this, but another allocation of the same amount has been posted tonight??? Has there been a promotion/competition of points as prizes???? This is in addition to the points added last night....

Again!

Well i would just let them sit there for a while and see if they are removed. If they are not enjoy your free holiday/tv/points spending spree

Are you enrolled in Citi Qantas points or regular Citi points?

Sadly there are no bonus points in my account.

Main issue I have had is that they credited me bonus points (0.5 per dollar spent) over maybe 5-6 statement periods and then decided to take them away, saying I was not eligble for them :(((((
One wonders about the ethics of that!

Main issue I have had is that they credited me bonus points (0.5 per dollar spent) over maybe 5-6 statement periods and then decided to take them away, saying I was not eligble for them :(((((
One wonders about the ethics of that!

And what if you spent/burned them before they could take them back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back