Choosing the right ANZ card

Status
Not open for further replies.

auswill

I have decided to get the ANZ Rewards Platinum Card instead of the Frequent Flyer card based on the following. Let me know if Ive missed anything that may change my decision.

1. Im on ANZ breakfree - meaning I currently have the ANZ Platinum with no annual fee. To get rewards - ANZ Rewards has $28 fee i think and ANZ FF has $55 pa (both per card holder - i have 2 cardholders).

2. I dont fly often and when I do its usually with Virgin.

3. Based on simply getting cash as reward. ANZ would require me spending about $71 to get $1 reward back and Qantas FF would require $97 to get $1!!!!

4. For me to cover the annual fee for ANZ rewards ($56) I would only need to spend around $4K - which I would normally in 1, max 2 months. So seems worth it

5. Only + for going with FF is I am already a Qantas FF member and get points on the woolies everyday card regularly.

6. - for FF....seems if I swap to FF, im not eligible for the 20K points offer they have.....

Am I missing anything?

If you don't fly much but spend 40k+/year - I wouldn't be worried with FF points at all.

Points are only worthwhile if you're saving for a big trip or fly a lot and churn through points quickly.

I ended up getting the FF rewards instead.
Am I right in saying the FF Visa doesnt have Paywave yet the standard platinum does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back