Change to Qantas Red E Deals | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Change to Qantas Red E Deals

pyffii

Flights
My Map
Trying to book a promotional red e deal from MEL- BNE return for next September on the QF web site and the red e deal doesn’t apply to flights leaving between 3.00pm and 7.00pm...grr...another enhancement

JohnK

AFF Supporter
This has been the case on SYD-BNE flights and vv for a long time where Qantas would block out the afternoon/evening flights from red eDeals.

Note though this has not been the case for the past 12 months or so and I recently booked flights for Feb-Apr 2019 and every single flight each way was available at the red eDeal price.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Trying to book a promotional red e deal from MEL- BNE return for next September on the QF web site and the red e deal doesn’t apply to flights leaving between 3.00pm and 7.00pm...grr...another enhancement
I don't think this is a change to red-e-deals. Just normal Revenue Management in action.

Why would Qantas make its cheapest fares available on the busiest flights?

GoldCanyon340

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This is simple Yield Management at play.

pyffii

Flights
My Map
Up until yesterday I could book any flight on any day for the cheapest price( when a red e deal sale is on ) so for me this is an unwelcome change and yes I recognise that it’s yiekd management in play....nevertheless not happy

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Up until yesterday I could book any flight on any day for the cheapest price( when a red e deal sale is on ) so for me this is an unwelcome change and yes I recognise that it’s yiekd management in play....nevertheless not happy
It's historically been dictated by fare buckets, e.g. E0 and maybe Q/O as well.

Forg

I should qualify what I'm about to say with the fact that I probably only book twice a year, so please temper my statements with the potential befuddlement of my memory … however, I don't remember the cheapest flights ever being available during peak flight times? I am fairly certain (although the current Qantas SYD-MEL page I'm looking at doesn't support it) that you can often see a "flex" fare that is cheaper than an "e-deal" fare for travel to the same place but on a different day / time? The red e-deal prices are certainly a lot lower early in the morning or late at night ($185 vs $345) for SYD-MEL compared to around 5pm.

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I should qualify what I'm about to say with the fact that I probably only book twice a year, so please temper my statements with the potential befuddlement of my memory … however, I don't remember the cheapest flights ever being available during peak flight times?
They weren't available on BNE-SYD flights for a long time until ~12-18 months ago where every flight I've been booking has had the discounted red eDeal available throughtout the day.

I'm not an expert but I suspect forward sales have been as good as expected which is we're seeing more double SC offers.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenscap