CC Insurance with CBA Covermore

Hello there,

Just seeing if anyone has used their CBA travel insurance for a claim on their Diamond/Smart Award/Ultimate Award or World debit mastercard?

Just wondering if I should pay the premium for my family on the trip $180 AUD, to have this cover or should I do more research for a more extensive cover/CC.

TIA!

Hey I’d called CBA the other day and they told me the World Debit MC is not eligible to travel insurance - only the credit cards. I might have another dig around. I’ve never needed to claim on their travel cover but I’ve used it before. My current trips are a mish mash of points redemptions so I think that leaves a gap you can drive a bus through for Chubb (my Amex insurance) to drive a bus through to avoid a claim if it happened.

Hey I’d called CBA the other day and they told me the World Debit MC is not eligible to travel insurance - only the credit cards. I might have another dig around. I’ve never needed to claim on their travel cover but I’ve used it before. My current trips are a mish mash of points redemptions so I think that leaves a gap you can drive a bus through for Chubb (my Amex insurance) to drive a bus through to avoid a claim if it happened.
what!!! I checked world debit card PDS the other day and world debit was included... oh man what a useless debit card now it is going to be since they going to charge $10/month from December

Hopefully I was just misinformed - wouldn’t be the first time. I’ve got no interest in getting a CBA credit card again. I understand there’s a certain way to get the world debit. How does on qualify? I’ve closed all my CBA accounts with home loan refinance but open to opening some up again if need to.

Hopefully I was just misinformed - wouldn’t be the first time. I’ve got no interest in getting a CBA credit card again. I understand there’s a certain way to get the world debit. How does on qualify? I’ve closed all my CBA accounts with home loan refinance but open to opening some up again if need to.
Negative regarding a way to get the world debit. Legit $120/year starting 1st December 2023 for no benefits. And I think it was done as a trial before they rolled out their ultimate rewards CC (I went through heaps of forums to find that it was not based on income or savings)

They gave me the option to downgrade to the platinum debit instead of paying the $10/month

Edit: sorry there are benefits like 0 in trans fee and should have cover more insurance. But if it doesn’t have cover more insurance, then legit useless card as you can use so many other banks like HSBC global etc

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back