CBA's lame gold card offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen65

Notwithstanding that I have a CBA platinum amex/MC I got an email from qantas FF offering me a CBA gold amex/visa combo.

The terms of the offer:

- 1 QFF pt per $1 on the amex
- 0.5 QFF pt per $1 on the visa

with a cap of $30,000 QFF points per year after which the amex rate is halved and the visa drops to zero for an additional 20,000 QFF on the amex and then after 50,000 QFF points absolutely no points.

The CBA must be insane if they think such an offer is at all attractive in the face of competition from cards such as the Everyday Rewards card which is 1 QFF pt per dollar on a visa, uncapped.

PS: they also throw in a whole 7,500 QFF points bonus

Notwithstanding that I have a CBA platinum amex/MC I got an email from qantas FF offering me a CBA gold amex/visa combo.

The terms of the offer:

- 1 QFF pt per $1 on the amex
- 0.5 QFF pt per $1 on the visa

with a cap of $30,000 QFF points per year after which the amex rate is halved and the visa drops to zero for an additional 20,000 QFF on the amex and then after 50,000 QFF points absolutely no points.

The CBA must be insane if they think such an offer is at all attractive in the face of competition from cards such as the Everyday Rewards card which is 1 QFF pt per dollar on a visa, uncapped.

PS: they also throw in a whole 7,500 QFF points bonus

Yes but most people who are not AFFers and are loyal CBA members may think this is great and signup without looking at other options ....

I hate to admit Edison that I am one of those people that are loyal to CBA :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I hate to admit Edison that I am one of those people that are loyal to CBA :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

May I ask why?

I used to have a lot of banking and fin services with them... But they just aren't that competitive these days.

I have been with CBA for 15 years and I am stupid enough and I don't know any better *sigh*

I have been with CBA for 15 years and I am stupid enough and I don't know any better *sigh*

Don't beat yourself up over it :)
I was with them for about 10 years before I realized.

You know better now and that's better than 99% of their customers!

Go bank shopping, it's a customers market out there at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back