CBA Platinum to Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAX_1

Received an offer to upgrade from Platinum to Diamond at no extra cost. Currently I do no pay fees due to the Wealth Package , so I assume that will continue.

Do any AFF members have an opinion on wether to continue with Qantas or take the oportunity to change to Commonwealth Rewards?

I struggle at times to find flights using Qantas points and each year it seems to be getting harder and harder.

I like the Qantas points, the points for Myers etc is a waste of time as far as im concerned. I've always found QF availability ok

You can always stop the qf transfer. You just lose the $10 opt in fee. And if you want to flip back, it's just $10 again.

My CBA DIA Amex came in handy when AMEX shafted the point earn with their own branded cards. QFF is hard work however, over the years I've redeemed over 50 long haul F & J flights on QF/CX/BA.

If CBA changes their point earn I'll probably jump over to Westpac or Citi.

I've been able to have a CBA DIA Amex in my Wealth Package since they were introduced.
Love seeing those points go to my QF FF Account :)

My CBA DIA Amex came in handy when AMEX shafted the point earn with their own branded cards. QFF is hard work however, over the years I've redeemed over 50 long haul F & J flights on QF/CX/BA.

If CBA changes their point earn I'll probably jump over to [-]Westpac or Citi.[/-]

Since posting the above back in Feb both SWMBO and I have tapped out our DIA QFFP annual earn limits. Lucky for us the ANZ promo came along and we could continue along with FF Blacks (and pocket 50k bonuses) with uncapped QFFP earning ability.

We'll maintain the CBA DIA as they are fee free for both of us.

Since posting the above back in Feb both SWMBO and I have tapped out our DIA QFFP annual earn limits. Lucky for us the ANZ promo came along and we could continue along with FF Blacks (and pocket 50k bonuses) with uncapped QFFP earning ability.

We'll maintain the CBA DIA as they are fee free for both of us.

So when they say a million points per year is that the same as a million Qantas points?

So when they say a million points per year is that the same as a million Qantas points?

No. Converts to 500,00 QFFP ... It's on a calendar year basis. The cards have been benched until NYD.

Ok thanks I'll need work it out then as I'll certainly go over that by the end of the year. It used to be a back up but I find I use it more & more for the 1.5 Amex

Ok thanks I'll need work it out then as I'll certainly go over that by the end of the year. It used to be a back up but I find I use it more & more for the 1.5 Amex

Same issue for us.

On the CBA net bank statement page hit the awards tab (takes you to another site) there is a toolbar which shows you how much balance you have left .... Divide that by two and you have your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back