CBA Low Rate CC, $250 Cashback, $500 spend, no points, $0 fee 1st yr, ends 31 Jan 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLD

As the title says:

Commonwealth Bank 'Low Rate' Credit Cards (Low Rate or Low Rate Gold), $250 cashback with a $500 spend, $0 annual fee in the first year, apply before 31 Jan '17, spend before 31 Mar '17. Mastercard. Link: https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/credit-cards/low-rate.html. Looks like it might also apply to a business Credit Card too
Looks like it only started this month and I couldn't see a thread for it yet. Free money if you are going to spend the $500 anyway.

T&Cs

Offer applies to new personal Low Rate, Low Rate Gold and Interest Free Days Business Credit Cards (personal liability) applied for between 1 November 2016 and 31 January 2017 only. To be eligible for the $250 cashback, you need to spend $500 on eligible purchases using your new card by 31 March 2017 (excludes balance transfers, cash advances and any purchase that is reversed or refunded). Offer excludes all existing cards, switches from other card types and is not available to customers who currently hold, or have held, any of the above card types in the 12 months prior to 1 November 2016. After the first year, the then current standard annual fee applicable to your card type will apply. Offer only available on one credit card per customer, can be withdrawn at any time, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Cash back will be credited within 60 days of you meeting the spend criteria and will appear on your statement as ‘$250 cash back’. You will be ineligible for the cash back if your account is closed, switched to another card, or in default at any time prior to the cash back being credited to your account.

Based on the T&Cs underlined above it looks like you might not be eligible if you have had any of the cards on this page (https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/credit-cards/compare.html) in the last 12 months. However interestingly enough is has the same language on a page here that only shows the two Low Rate cards, so you could argue it doesn't mention Platinum Awards on that page at all.

Anyone signed up yet? I cancelled my CBA Platinum Awards ($0 annual fee, $500 spend, 40k QF points) mid Dec last year, so I will give it another month and a bit, and maybe wait until I've met the spend my Westpac Altitude Black ($0 annual fee, $2500 spend, 50k QF points) before I apply for this.

Card NameLow RateLow Rate Gold
Promo$250 Cashback$250 Cashback
Bonus Reward PointsN/AN/A
Reward Point Earn/$N/AN/A
Apply Before31 Jan '1731 Jan '17
Spend Required$500$500
Spend Before31 Mar '1731 Mar '17
Annual Fee$0 ($59 waived in the first year)$0 ($89 waived in the first year)
Minimum Credit Limit$500$4000
Insurance(s)
-International travel insurance
-Purchase security insurance
-Extended warranty insurance

Re: CBA Low Rate CC, $250 Cashback, $500 spend, no points, $0 fee 1st yr, ends 31 Jan

I just got this card and will have spent the $500 after my next round of groceries, so fingers crossed the cashback happens soon. For me, this offer is a no-brainer free money arrangement!

Re: CBA Low Rate CC, $250 Cashback, $500 spend, no points, $0 fee 1st yr, ends 31 Jan

I haven't applied for this because I'm waiting for a bonus points offer either instead. I am pre-approved for this one through my netbank.

Anyone ever been approved for two CBA cards at the same time? or while already holding a CBA card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back