Cancelling CommBank Gold Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bismarck

Established Member
Thought I would post back on my experience.

I'd been meaning to cancel my CBA Gold Card for a few months (after their woeful reduction in earning to 0.4pts/$ on Mastercard) but with a bunch of travel hadn't got around to it.

Finally called up this week fully intent on cancelling (as it's been sitting in a drawer) and mentioned that I didn't like the points earning.

They offered choice of extra pt/$ on Mastercard for 3 months or 10,000 pts if I kept it for a few more months (won't be paying another annual fee). Figured there was no harm in collecting the bonus and then cancelling.

Not sure if others have had the same experience, but may be worth having the chat with the agent as to why you're cancelling.

Thought I would post back on my experience.

I'd been meaning to cancel my CBA Gold Card for a few months (after their woeful reduction in earning to 0.4pts/$ on Mastercard) but with a bunch of travel hadn't got around to it.

Finally called up this week fully intent on cancelling (as it's been sitting in a drawer) and mentioned that I didn't like the points earning.

They offered choice of extra pt/$ on Mastercard for 3 months or 10,000 pts if I kept it for a few more months (won't be paying another annual fee). Figured there was no harm in collecting the bonus and then cancelling.

Not sure if others have had the same experience, but may be worth having the chat with the agent as to why you're cancelling.

I am in same boat as you... planning on cancelling mine in a month when fee is due. Will keep it if they waive the fee but if they dont I have my fee free citibank anyway

I called up around Christmas wanting to cancel my Platinum card (annual fee due May), they gave me an extra point per $ spent. Got that credited to me this week (around 20,000 points). Called up again today saying I wanted to cancel again, they wouldn't do anything else for me, only offered to downgrade me to a fee free card. Had a Commbank credit card for 7 years so disappointing, but the fee free Citibank Signature is hard to beat :D

I called up around Christmas wanting to cancel my Platinum card (annual fee due May), they gave me an extra point per $ spent. Got that credited to me this week (around 20,000 points). Called up again today saying I wanted to cancel again, they wouldn't do anything else for me, only offered to downgrade me to a fee free card. Had a Commbank credit card for 7 years so disappointing, but the fee free Citibank Signature is hard to beat :D

Commbank seem to be pretty bad when it comes to treating loyal customers well

Commbank seem to be pretty bad when it comes to treating loyal customers well

They are. I'd been with Commbank for 20 years until late last year. No real attempt to understand why or to rectify my problems.

I love their web interface and plethora of ATMs but it's not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

They didn't care at all when I cancelled my diamond card recently.
And to boot, they refuse to issue a debit card to an Australian postal address when the persons residential address is overseas. Their workaround is to be dodgy and move your address back to oz to issue the card.

No thanks. And I have suitably rewarded them for their stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back