Cancelled Citibank Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandk

Well...i just canclled my citibank platinum visa after holding onto it for coming up to 9 years. They didn't offer me anything, no free annual fee, no points no nothing....barely put up a fight! Times must be tough for them :)

Well...i just canclled my citibank platinum visa after holding onto it for coming up to 9 years. They didn't offer me anything, no free annual fee, no points no nothing....barely put up a fight! Times must be tough for them :)

That was my experience when I cancelled it a couple of years ago as well. (and mine was cause they reduced my interest free days!)

well the fools accepted me for a free for life gold card about 5 months ago (whilst i obviously still had the platinum)... :cool:

but yeh, they really do suck, their call centres drive me insane!

I didn't have that problem at all... had the card for only a year and got it on a first year fee-free deal (being from the UK I can't believe credit card companies still get away with charging an annual fee, so definitely don't want to pay one here - it's the same as charging people to have a bank account and charging them again for using other bank's ATMs - plain crazy!).

After reading the forums and seeing that the 'I'm gonna cancel unless you give it me fee-free again' argument didn't seem to get anywhere for other people with the CSRs at Citibank, I just sorted out a new card to replace it.

When I called up to cancel they asked why I wanted to (don't want to pay the annual fee and my standard Qantas Amex card gives me the same miles accrual for zero fee) they immediately offered to waive the fee for the next year. Obviously I accepted, although now I've also got the other card I applied for to replace it, so the wallet gets fatter!

Don't know why this happened to me... I was a new customer, and I cleared my balance every month (making me a really bad customer!), although I did use it for all of my business expenses (which comes to about $12k/month) last year and they'd given me a $35k credit limit, so maybe that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back