Book the Cook | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Book the Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nnis

Established Member
Hi All,

Need some opinions :)

Flying suites 12pm flight from SYD-SIN. What BTC do you recommend? First time flying Suites.

I can't have dairy food so the lobster is out :( I think that has butter.

Choices are: Chicken rice, Roast duck with rice, veal mignon, grilled beef in peppercorn sauce, wholesome tagine of chicken with lemon, roast rack of lamb with natural jus, barramundi with jasmine rice. I left out some food with butter,cream etc.

Thanks,
K.

diningdecadence

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
chicken rice is ok- can get better on the ground in SIN obviously (SYD-SIN, SQ212, First Class | Dining Decadence)
roast duck with rice was enjoyable a couple of years ago (SQ212, SYD-SIN, SQ First Class, February 2015 | Dining Decadence)
i've had varying degrees of luck with the beef - sometimes it's great, but sometimes it's terrible - like, warm it up 3 times and it's still cold in the centre terrible. (SQ212 SYD-SIN, First Class | Dining Decadence - veal mignon also in here)

haven't tried the others... yet :) (apologies for the layout - finding time to learn wordpress is a work in progress!)

k3nnis

Established Member
Thanks. I chose the Matt Moran morrocan dish for Syd-sin. Now on the way back sin-Syd not sure.

ermen

Established Member
AFF Supporter
i had the veal encrusted with nuts (something like that) a few times - that was nice.
also had the beef rendang which was good ex-SIN

lobster thermidor seems to have gone down in quality lately (so no loss for you)

Jonova

Flights
My Map
Have had the roast rack of lamb with natural jus and I thought it was pretty decent. Wife had the Kyo Kaiseki from SIN to NRT and she thought it was a bit ordinary.

Found a pic of the lamb.

Attachments

Last edited:

RoseAnna

Flights
My Map
I have upcoming flights with BTC, SIN-ICN-LAX in J and then JFK-FRA-SIN in F. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what to eat and drink. I did make some bookings, but open to suggestions if anyone found a hidden gem or got something above and beyond expected. I have already had the lobster in J and I loved it, but I found that there was not the same choices out of ICN, hence the tenderloin.

J:
SIN TO LAXSupper : Seared nut veal fillet
SIN TO LAXLunch : Grilled beef tenderloin steak
SIN TO LAXBreakfast : Baked boursin cheese and vegetable quiche

F:
JFK TO SIN

Dinner :
Grilled shrimp and scallops

JFK TO SINLunch : Boston lobster thermidor

RoseAnna

Flights
My Map
doesn't JFK to SIN go via Frankfurt?
Yes, and even though we are flying direct, we have several meals and the offerings are different depending on the airport. Guessing its due to local produce and chefs.

penegal

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Catering is done out of each departure port for each segment.

diningdecadence

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This was the rendang a couple of weeks ago. Not sure I'd choose it again on SIN-LHR, had plenty of spice. Too much Ikan bilis (?) (chilli/peanut stuff)

There's a good Indian BTC that comes with pappadums, chutney, raita etc. can't remember which one though sorry!

01495580788.jpg

Duck rice ex-Syd was as tasty as I remembered

01495580925.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bugbusteraus