Bonus Points Eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

momad

Intern
Just wondering what is everyone's experience with the 18 months rule on sign up bonus points? I have a few more months to go before going past the 18 months of not holding an Amex credit card but I do hold the charge card.

However, been reading that there was a rule change last year where the sign up bonus points are not applicable if you held ANY cards. Back in the days the charge and credit cards were treated differently and bonus points apply.

Has anyone sign up after (or even before) the 18 months wait and still receive bonus points even holding/held an Amex charge/credit card?

holding an Amex credit card but I do hold the charge card.

However, been reading that there was a rule change last year where the sign up bonus points are not applicable if you held ANY cards.
?

Yes new terms are like this:

1. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. This is a limited time offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation). 50,000 Membership Rewards Bonus points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.

Since the current set of rules came in, there has been quite a few AFF’rs apply, whilst still holding a Amex card, and a few apply during the exclusion period, there are very few reports of people being awarded the points though.

I applied for a friend and she got the bonus points as an existing card holder.
You can apply for DJ amex if you have`nt held it for 18 months to receive bonus.

Well there you go, a good news story! I would caution that this isn’t the norm however.

As mentioned you can definitely apply for the DJ’s card and I can personally confirm the new Westpac Amex awards it’s bonus points to existing Amex card holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back