Best Car rental for Personal Amex Platinum

ShaunM88

I have a Personal Amex Platinum and I hear mixed messages around what is better to book through Amex online booking travel or directly with Hertz or Avis.

This is for Australia.

What is the general consensus?

Book around 10 cars a year and whilst a couple are Kia Carnival the rest are Midsize SUVs.

Thanks

The Amex car rental portal has been next to useless for me. Many rental stores not listed outside major cities, or seemingly have no inventory. Pricing, when available, has not been great.

Better to book direct using the Amex status partners & preferential rates.

Also look at Sixt using the NRMA rate, I find them to be very competitive on price.

I have a Personal Amex Platinum and I hear mixed messages around what is better to book through Amex online booking travel or directly with Hertz or Avis.

This is for Australia.

What is the general consensus?

Book around 10 cars a year and whilst a couple are Kia Carnival the rest are Midsize SUVs.

Thanks

I was going to make a post about this shortly but you have a look at the benefits Accor Plus has via your Plat card. Accor Plus grants you a wide range of statuses/benefits that you might find useful.

E.g. Accor Plus gets you 20% of rates via EuropCar so check them out.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back