Bankwest Qantas World - BPay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
Does anyone know if the Bankwest Qantas World MC pays points on BPay transactions?

I don't think it does because CBA don't and CBA own bankwest. I could be wrong though.

whats the minium credit limit required for the world mc from bw? is it 14k. whats the best way to get this card? i was told its by personal invite only?

The application form stipulates there is no change to existing terms and conditions apart from a set list of bullet points. Ie your existing platinum credit limit and annual fee stay

It was posted on pointhacks but was disabled today when I checked.

whats the minium credit limit required for the world mc from bw? is it 14k. whats the best way to get this card? i was told its by personal invite only?

Two things from mine that came in the post today. Annual fee of 220 and minimum limit of 18k were on the PDS. When I called to check I was told that those only applied to people who applied new for the world card, not upgrade.

But inadvertently her answer suggests you can apply for it, with the above terms. Perhaps it will be on the market soon

Yes, BW does pay points on BPAY.

Yes, BW does pay points on BPAY.

Did you confirm this with the World, the Platinum, or another card?

Hopefully both! Then we can add BankWest to Citi as two issuers that pay points on BPay. Hopefully we can get a master list going.

I never received the invite, notwithstanding I had a BW Qantas Plat card with a 30k limit and put between 14k-20k through it a month, so I just rang them up and asked them why? They couldn't tell me the criteria, but expressed surprise that I hadn't received an invite, so they then offered me the card over the phone then and there, especially as I was ready to ditch the Platinum card with its lousy .75 QFF earn. They then emailed me a form to sign acknowledging the change to the World card which I had to fax or drop into a branch. They did tell me it is still invite only, though one of the questions they had to ask me from the script (Is there any reason you couldn't pay, any change of circumstances etc) was whether I earned in excess of $48K per year. That's right, $48K. My other black cards and my Citibank Signature have a minimum annual income requirement of $75K. Bit strange that the BW card is invite only for such a relatively modest income requirement.

Bit strange that the BW card is invite only for such a relatively modest income requirement.

No way someone on 48k should qualify for the supposed 18k minimum limit that was in my PDS.

I have heard suggestions that the rule on average is around 1k of limit per $250 of monthly disposable income?

Have been using World and the Citi Signature for Bpay so far.

Is WOW Qantas any good? Admittedly capped at 2.5k QFF a month, but could route some spend through that before I cancel.

Have been using World and the Citi Signature for Bpay so far.

Is WOW Qantas any good? Admittedly capped at 2.5k QFF a month, but could route some spend through that before I cancel.

Main benefit of that to me used to be the pay at pump feature. Don't know if it's still around

I am getting the BW QF World Card but there is no info on the BW site, and the MasterCard World Card site doesn't list much. Does anyone have any other info or links that they have found useful?

The Points Hack link does not work now.

I am getting the BW QF World Card but there is no info on the BW site, and the MasterCard World Card site doesn't list much. Does anyone have any other info or links that they have found useful?

The Points Hack link does not work now.

What kind of info in particular are you after?

Mostly in relation to points payments, I am aware that it is 1:1 points per $, but is there anything in particular that pays more, maybe 3:1 hopefully. And ATO? Does it pay fewer for utilities ? Just that sort of thing.

What kind of info in particular are you after?

Mostly in relation to points payments, I am aware that it is 1:1 points per $, but is there anything in particular that pays more, maybe 3:1 hopefully. And ATO? Does it pay fewer for utilities ? Just that sort of thing.

From the PDS which can be found here:

Qantas Points are earned on all purchasesmade using the Card Account except:
• cash advances;
• Balance Transfers;
• interest charges;
• credit fees and charges
• bank fees and charges;
• transactions we decide are disputed dueto being fraudulent or which involve anabuse of your Card Account
• foreign exchange purchases;
• travellers cheques;
• all purchases for gaming or gamblingtransactions including gambling chippurchases and online gambling purchases;
• Government charges (other than GSTpayable in connection with the purchase ofgoods or services on which you earnQantas Points);
• Credit card protection insurance;
• Business Related Expenses; and
• any other transactions which from timeto time may be excluded by us.

Earn rate of 1:1 with no cap and no bonuses that I'm aware of.

I have not personally tested mine on government charges etc (or utilities, council rates etc). Using it mainly for foreign purchases, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back