Bank Rewards credit card programme vs Qantas credit card programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

maia200

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I have changed my home loan to St George under the Advantage Package. I currently have an HSBC Qantas cc which changed their earning rate some time ago, and a Bankwest debit card which also earns Qantas points at a good rate. I receive an Amplify Signature cc as part of my St George package and was wondering if I should change to their Rewards programme which offers a higher earning rate of points which can be converted to a number of rewards including flights through Virgin, Malayasia and Singapore airlines -or if I should stick with a Qantas earning cc?. My thoughts were that I may be able to achieve a greater earn and this could be more beneficial than sticking with Qantas. I would then get rid of my HSBC card too and just do the Rewards. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and what did you find to be most beneficial? I am still a QC member.

Are they capped?
What is the burn rate?
Would you always travel J or above?

I used to switch between QFF and Macquarie rewards but I only did that due to the capping restrictions.

Look at the fine print and compare.

At what rate do the Rewards points convert to the different airline miles? Once that is established you can back calculate the spend required for say a Business Class seat to Europe/America (may as well go large!). Comparing these results to what value you can establish with the Bank's reward points will help you decide which way to go.

Note that it doesn't factor in how difficult it is to get a seat.

Thanks for the response. I have decided to stick the Qantas Card as it is much of a muchness as you get to keep the .75 point per spend. The 1.50 earn on Rewards translates to about the same. e.g. 50000 points equals 25000 ff points on the other airlines so when converted it converts back to .75 anyway. There does not seem to be a cap on spending.

SQ and VA miles are generally more valuable than QF miles but it depends on how you plan to use them and how many you can accumulate from non-CC sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back