Are there bonus offers for amex cards applications or referrals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are referral bonuses for points. I can refer you if you would like. Let me know what card and I'll pm you a link

Look on the website - It clearly states the bonus offers. Just click the card you are most interested in...

Some of the cards on the website do not currently have bonus offers whereas if a referral link is used most cards if not all would get bonus points on signup.

The referral bonuses can sometimes be better than what the website offers (i.e. plat edge referred gives 15k points, bonus on website without referral gives 10k points)
but the reverse can also be true in some occasions (plat charge offers 60k with referral, 80k without)

Some of the cards on the website do not currently have bonus offers whereas if a referral link is used most cards if not all would get bonus points on signup.

The referral bonuses can sometimes be better than what the website offers (i.e. plat edge referred gives 15k points, bonus on website without referral gives 10k points)
but the reverse can also be true in some occasions (plat charge offers 60k with referral, 80k without)

I'm aware of this, however the point I was making is that people usually post with context such as 'I can see that the Amex charge (the card I'm interested in) offers 80k sign-on bonus... Is this the best deal I can get or does someone know of a referral program?'... Rather than just asking and not indicating which card is of interest, which type of reward program of FF program is desired

Prefer cards with reward benefits
Foreigner, as Cynicor points out there are extra bonus points to be had from referrals. These are usually greater for the referee than if you had applied directly online. As an example a Plat edge card online application nets you 10k bonus points. Via a referral you will receive an additional 5k points, or 15k in total.

Send Cynicor a pm to get the ball rolling.

Foreigner, as Cynicor points out there are extra bonus points to be had from referrals. These are usually greater for the referee than if you had applied directly online. As an example a Plat edge card online application nets you 10k bonus points. Via a referral you will receive an additional 5k points, or 15k in total.

Thanks. Will first review what's on offer.

Any idea how long these point take to appear on your account.Planning on applying for one soon

Any idea how long these point take to appear on your account.Planning on applying for one soon

It should appear immediately together with the transaction that pushes you over the $500 spending requirement as a 'New account bonus' in usual cases.

If it doesn't, then it is possible that AMEX will need to manually adjust the points (they did this to one of my friends that I referred) and generally speaking, they will make you wait the advertised 6-8 weeks timeframe before crediting as they try to leave it to the last minute to ensure that you don't get double credited (one from the automatic system, one manual adjustment).

I have been told by someone I referred that they were credited points within 2 days. That said I recently had to chase up my own points after 9 weeks.

Last edited:
In the UK the referral bonus happens quickly. Basically after my card was approved, the points ended up in the sponsor account within a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back