ANZ Rewards Travel Adventure 40,000 velocity points; 1 domestic return flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Lim

New Offer by ANZ

https://www.anz.com.au/content/anzc...=crc-hb-t-hp-09-16-acq-traveladventurespoints

- $225 Yearly Fee
- To be eligible for all the included bonuses you must spend $500 in the first 3 months on eligible purchases

FEATURES:
- No International Transaction Fee's
- No Cash Advance Fee when used on overseas ATM's
- 1 Free Virgin Return Flight every year (To see map of destinations see the link below or in this listing)
- 2 Free Virgin Lounge Passes every year
- 2 Rewards Points per $1 Spent on AMEX
- 1 Rewards Points per $1 Spent on VISA

BONUS:
- 40,000 Virgin Velocity Points after you spend $500
- Earn Points while travelling overseas with no international transaction fees.

Not bad at all. The return flight more than covers that annual fee especially if you go to PER. Then they throw in 40K points as well.

Great to see a reward points earning card with no intl transaction fee's.

this is not a bad card for velocity. redemption rates not so good for other airlines.

- Virgin Velocity Points: 2 ANZ Rewards Points = 1 Velocity Point
- Singapore KrisFlyer Points: 6000 ANZ Rewards Points = 2000 Singapore Kris Flyer Points
- Asia Miles
- Air New Zealand Air Points

hopefully this will see other major banks or AMEX introduce reward points earning cards with no INTL transaction fees.

good move by ANZ

This card looks the goods, anyone know when to offer expires? just applied for a different card and waiting for my score to recover.

welcome to AFF Steve Lim, ​nice first post

Last edited:
1. Bonus Velocity Frequent Flyer Point offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures account and who make $500 of net eligible purchases within three months of approval. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice.

Good offer, will probably take it up. Specifically only excludes customers that currently hold an adventure card or held one in the past 12 month.

Product switch from the ANZ FF Black, saving $200 for the 2nd year, no bonus points but the Flight from PER more than pays for itself.

anz.com/adventurescardwelcome said:
Travel in style and enjoy the pre-flight experience with two complimentary single entry Virgin Australia lounge passes2. Call 1300 367 763 at least four weeks before you travel and we’ll mail you your two Virgin Australia single entry lounge passes.

Interestingly you have to call up to get physical passes. I'm curious to see what the expiry is on the physical passes. As a WP I'll never need them myself but will be nice to give away to friends.

I emailed ANZ about the fees, this is their answer, so not exactly good for o/s spends:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding your ANZ card account.

ANZ charges 3% of the value of any foreign or Australian currency transaction charged to ANZ Visa, ANZ MasterCard or ANZ Visa PAYCARD credit card where the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside of Australia.

For an overseas ATM transaction the Overseas Transaction Fee is calculated on the value of the transaction and any ATM operator fee that you accept when you proceed with the transaction at the ATM.

American Express charges 1.5% of the value of any foreign or Australian currency transaction charged to your ANZ American Express(R) credit card where the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located
outside of Australia.

ANZ charges 1.5% of the value of any foreign or Australian currency transaction charged to your ANZ American Express credit card where the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside of
Australia.

Please note that the ANZ and American Express Overseas Transaction fees will be combined for each transaction and displayed as one fee on the statement. A charge that is made in a foreign currency other than US Dollars will, when the conversion is done by American Express, be converted into US Dollars before being converted into your billing currency."

Is this the same cards that offered the 60k sign on bonus a few weeks ago? Hopefully it jumps back up to 60k soon if that's the case

After asking ANZ a 2nd time, they have amended the 1st advice on o/s fees. Most recent advice:

"We confirm that Overseas Transaction Fee will not be charged on your ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card account".

That info sounds like it's for their other cards and not the Travel Adventure.

So my anniversary is mid Febraury, however the annual fee isn’t charged until early March. I confirmed with the ANZ ‘consultant’ that I can indulge in the yearly reset of the card benefits including return VA flight and issuance of two VA lounge passes if I do this before my annual fee hits. So there’s a 2-3 week period whereby you can avail yourself of the annual card benefits without paying the fee. I strongly suggest others review their card activation date and ANZ’s annual fee date so that they can double dip on this card’s benefits before cancelling and reapplying 12+ months later for another sign up bonus.

Yes, we just did this on myself and my wife's cards after booking return flights from Sydney to Perth and claiming the lounge passes. I was actually 3 months in so only got a pro rata refund and had to fight a bit for it. My wife had been charged her annual fee but the statement date hadn't arrived yet and had no problems getting a full refund.

Has anyone tried applying for this card within the 12 months 'blackout' period and managed to still receive their bonus signup points?

I'm trying to determine if this is a real rule, or just a blerb in the T&Cs to deter card churning.

I recently book a return free flight with ANZ phone number , if that help anyone the Fare Class is T on Expert Flyer that they use for this booking .

Has anyone tried applying for this card within the 12 months 'blackout' period and managed to still receive their bonus signup points?

I can’t answer your question, but I don’t think there is a bonus promo for this card at the moment.

It's not advertised prominently on the ANZ website, but if you do a Google search for the card or find a link on Point Hacks the 40k Velocity offer seemingly has no end.

From what I understand ANZ are pretty strict about the exclusion periods but don't have one across the three card ranges (eg you can have ANZ Black, QFF Black and this one at the same time and get three sign up bonuses and rinse and repeat a year after closing the accounts).

It's not advertised prominently on the ANZ website, but if you do a Google search for the card or find a link on Point Hacks the 40k Velocity offer seemingly has no end.

I’ve read of people not getting points because of this clause: Only eligible approved applicants will be contacted by ANZ to supply their Velocity number once the eligibility criteria is met.

This is in the points hacks referral link too, but would think it safe via that site.

Curious to know also if this card can still be applied via Pointshack and be credited bonus points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back