ANZ Platinum bonus 40k if approved by Sept 30th 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight update.... I rang asking what they can do for "current members" in regards to getting the bonus points.....

- Nothing can be done, you need to apply for another card (already have 2, would be my 3rd)
- Yes: call went for 40+ minutes to apply for 40k in points..

- Just off the phone to them, they rang me... : 2 options,

1) you are meant to have the "newer card" open for 4 months (i think..) (only opened a new "general card" not long ago for points... ;) )

2) Downgrade your current platinum limit from $12k to $1k, so the new card gets approved with a 12k limit..

All worked! Now need to check for the points.....

Only 77k in points now required! (current combined points balance + approx 118k needed MINUS 40k approved just now....

Any family members wish to help me ;)

so you will have three of these cards now?

I don't get the last bit of your post.. 77k points needed for what?!

For the flight home from hong kong in business for 2.

Already have enough points for a trip in business to new york (via la).....

Just need to waiting for the opening bells of the date being opened to book...

Do you have more than one ANZ Platinum Card in your name?

Slight update.... I rang asking what they can do for "current members" in regards to getting the bonus points.....

- Nothing can be done, you need to apply for another card (already have 2, would be my 3rd)
- Yes: call went for 40+ minutes to apply for 40k in points..

- Just off the phone to them, they rang me... : 2 options,

1) you are meant to have the "newer card" open for 4 months (i think..) (only opened a new "general card" not long ago for points... ;) )

2) Downgrade your current platinum limit from $12k to $1k, so the new card gets approved with a 12k limit..

All worked! Now need to check for the points.....

Only 77k in points now required! (current combined points balance + approx 118k needed MINUS 40k approved just now....

Any family members wish to help me ;)

It's either:

1) spend $295.00 on 40,000 qff points
2) spend upto $40,000 (1 qff per $) on 40,000 qff points
3) spend $0.00 (miracle qff bonus points from no where)

OR

4) eventually spend $10k + on 2x business class seats or less on cattle class (economy)

Option 1 for me is the cheapest and most confortable.. :cool:

$295 annual fee for 40k points doesn't sound that good..

Really mashimus ? $295 spend on your everyday card will get you what, 295 points, 442 or at best 590. So how do you suggest getting 40k points for that spend is not good value ?

Got my new shiny card and activated it, tomorrow I will pay wave a $4 coffee and kerching, 40,000 points in the bank, sweet.

Has anyone who a0plied for an anz bonus points offer within the last 2 months recieve their bonus points before the "upto 3 months" occured?

Only reason I'm asking is I might soon be starting to freak out about not receiving any points by the time I need them...

80,000+ points.

Im wanting / needing them by the middle of November.

Already got enough points for a trip to NY which needs to be booked (UASA) sometime at the start of November (trip is leaving on October 24th, 2014) being the 350ish days in advance booking time.

Trip home shall by on Nov 28th, 2014.

Am I freaking out was too much?

A few family members may also help out with the bonus cc points sometime this week or so....

Last edited:
Applied and activated by 30 July as per the original promo and no I have not received the 40K bonus yet. I was advised it could be up to 3 statements in........I have the screenshot and will be calling on 3rd statement on 14 October if no points.

Another way to look at this "value" is the observation that J to F upgrade on QF (SYD LAX) takes 45,000 points.

So, for approx $300, you could now afford to apply for a points upgrade (no guarantee that you will get it, but without the points....)

Really mashimus ? $295 spend on your everyday card will get you what, 295 points, 442 or at best 590. So how do you suggest getting 40k points for that spend is not good value ?

It's good value if you put it in those terms. I was just making a comparison to the other CC promotions on offer. :D

Does anyone have a copy of the "ends September 30th" bonus offer of 40,000 bonus points, or even 20,000 bonus points? I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere.

Long story short, family member went to a bank branch in September, staff told her for the $99 version QFF card, 20k in bonus points will occur. I get a call today from family, saying that NO points shall be provided, as family member somehow provided my FF number (? nope, I didn't even mention my number!).

Also: did a $500 balance transfer, BUT WAIT!.....

1) Card "we" (family) wanted to transfer from failed (?)
2) ANZ then decided (without any permission / notice) to transfer from ANOTHER TOTALLY DIFFERENT CC. Can't really explain it.

Sorry but this is dud reasoning, $295 spend on your everyday card doesn't just give you 590 points, it gets you $295 worth of goods plus 590 points. I think 40k for $295 is actually pretty good but not as good as say the Maquarie offer of 40k points for $99.

Ok 3 months from activation has passed - advised to wait for the next statement - it arrived yesterday - NO BONUS points. Email sent to them advising I abide by their terms and conditions and it is not really good customer service that they don't follow them. Will see how long they take to post.

Ok 3 months from activation has passed - advised to wait for the next statement - it arrived yesterday - NO BONUS points. Email sent to them advising I abide by their terms and conditions and it is not really good customer service that they don't follow them. Will see how long they take to post.

Any news?

We just recieved the 3rd statement for my friends card today. ... No bonus points...

Already put in a complaint over the phone, said will take upto 2 days to look into it and ring us back.

I did also mention the card I applied for, was credited in the 1st statement (also september).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back