ANZ FF Plat card - now with rental car cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdMEL

Established Member
Re: ANZ Qantas changes?

Spoke to some from ANZ today. Apparently ANZ is discontinuing all their gold credit cards.

Also, the ANZ website advises that anyone who holds a gold card will be upgraded to platinum from 23 Oct 2010.
ANZ - Changes to ANZ Gold
ANZ - Changes to ANZ Rewards Gold

So platinum is becoming the new gold, so what's going to be the new platinum? Or is ANZ just rationalising their credit card range?

Interesting that the first link notes that ANZ Car Rental Cover ($2,400 excess cover in Australia, with $350 excess, effectively $2,050 cover) will remain a standard inclusion, however when I click on the new Platinum Insurance Terms and Conditions, it states that the rental vehicle excess in Australia is only $1,250! Very misleading/deceptive! By comparison, Westpac platinum cards provide $5,500 excess cover in Australia.

Also, the overseas rental car excess cover (useless in the US) provides only $2,000 cover, while Westpac provides $5,000 cover.

Having said that, they've retained the requirement for only $250 of flight costs to be charged to card for cover, whereas Westpac require total flight costs to be charged to card.

I haven't had a chance to compare other diffferences yet.

Interesting that the first link notes that ANZ Car Rental Cover ($2,400 excess cover in Australia, with $350 excess, effectively $2,050 cover) will remain a standard inclusion, however when I click on the new Platinum Insurance Terms and Conditions, it states that the rental vehicle excess in Australia is only $1,250! Very misleading/deceptive!

Reading the policy boklet, it appears that you still get the $2,050 cover through the rental car insurance. but also $1,250 of cover through the flight inconvenience insurance (only applies if you buy the flights on this card), It is not clear however, how the two policies interact with one another

They have further clairified that they will not pay anything in the event that you are liable for an additional payment to the rental company, due to single vehical accident / water damage (clause 1), therefore the cover may only be useful for companies that don't specifiy this (I believe Avis and Budget ?)

The travel insurance section (2.1 Cancellation costs) shows that they will reimburse the cost of cancelled flights that were booked with points, and should be useful to people here.

Recieved a letter today advising that the ANZ FF Platinum card now includes ANZ Car Rental Cover.

This was a benefit of the old ANZ Gold FF card that was removed a few years back.

Good move by ANZ to bring it back :)

ANZ Car Rental Cover is a great product, especially given you can add it to any card for $24 p.a. It's great they've added it at no cost to FF Platinum. I wonder if it's included if you accept an offer to upgrade from classic to Platinum with no change to the annual fee?

However, the $2,400 cover with $350 excess (effectively $2,050 cover) is significantly inferior to Westpac Platinum's car rental cover of $5,500, especially given car rental excess now ranges from $2,750 at Budget, to $3,850 with Europcar, for standard cars ($5,500 for luxury/prestige cars at all companies), plus Hertz and Thrifty have an additional $2,200 single vehicle accident excess.

Having said that, they've retained the requirement for only $250 of flight costs to be charged to card for cover, whereas Westpac require total flight costs to be charged to card.

Does anyone know how 'transport costs' is defined? Say I redeem my Krisflyer points for a SIA return flight and I charge the taxes & surcharges in excess of $250 to the ANZ Platinum card. Would this meet the criteria?

The ANZ Platinum card is certainly good value at zero annual fee in the first year.

Does anyone know how 'transport costs' is defined? Say I redeem my Krisflyer points for a SIA return flight and I charge the taxes & surcharges in excess of $250 to the ANZ Platinum card. Would this meet the criteria?

The ANZ Platinum card is certainly good value at zero annual fee in the first year.

yes The ANZ Platinum card is certainly good value at zero annual fee in the first year. but u need to spend 20k to get it waived the following year. would a transfer of 20k onto the card then doing cash advance or refund 20k count as a spend?

also the rental cover i thought that its only for australia. are you sure overseas rentals are covered ?

yes The ANZ Platinum card is certainly good value at zero annual fee in the first year. but u need to spend 20k to get it waived the following year. would a transfer of 20k onto the card then doing cash advance or refund 20k count as a spend?

also the rental cover i thought that its only for australia. are you sure overseas rentals are covered ?

is it official documentation that you need to spend $20k/year to get the platinum fee's waived?

is it official documentation that you need to spend $20k/year to get the platinum fee's waived?
yes its on the anz website but only for the The ANZ Platinum card which doesnt have a rewards program unless you pay to join the sphere program. its not the ANZ FF platinum card that one has an annual fee of $295 unless you are a private wealth client you get it free.

For existing Visa cards $1=0.5 FFP's, they now offer to add the Amex $1=1 unlimited FFP's for no cost and have a limited offer till May 31st that you get double points for the first 3 months.

When I rang them they also said that you get 5k bonus with your first Amex spend over $10. Havent seen this in writing but i have his name and phone call details:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back