any special offer on NAB Qantas credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loran

any special offer on NAB Qantas credit card? any Bonus Qantas points?

any special offer on NAB Qantas credit card? any Bonus Qantas points?

Doesn't look like it to me -- and there are points caps on the gold card :( Given what Westpac are offering with their Earth card, why sign up for the NAB version?

nab have a marginally higher rate right?
anyway, yeh nab is stingy.

Doesn't look like it to me -- and there are points caps on the gold card :( Given what Westpac are offering with their Earth card, why sign up for the NAB version?

My "relationship" with NAB means I don't have to pay the annual fee. Same earn on the platinum, very similar benefits. Once the earth promotion ends guess which card I'll be getting.

have you actually got the annual fee waived for the platinum or the gold?

Currently, all my nab cards are waived annual fee (Ant Gold + Gold Velocity) because of the "relationship" with NAB.

However, they just advised me they are unlikely to waive the annual fee on the platinum. (Not even people with the big accounts can get away with it.) The primary reason is because the concierge service (Outsource from SOS, and full cost will be pass on to consumer.)

They told me they can only gaurantee with the waive on Gold...

Anyway, I will see how it goes and post the result later.

have you actually got the annual fee waived for the platinum or the gold?

Currently, all my nab cards are waived annual fee (Ant Gold + Gold Velocity) because of the "relationship" with NAB.

However, they just advised me they are unlikely to waive the annual fee on the platinum. (Not even people with the big accounts can get away with it.) The primary reason is because the concierge service (Outsource from SOS, and full cost will be pass on to consumer.)

They told me they can only gaurantee with the waive on Gold...

Anyway, I will see how it goes and post the result later.

No, I haven't got the fee wiaved. When I use the term relationship, I mean a choice package. Referring to the Fees and Charges booklet it says following the table of fees in section 4:

http://www.nab.com.au/vgnmedia/downld/Personal_Banking_Fees&Charges.pdf?

The annual fee is waived for cards included in a NAB Tailored Home Loan Package, 1 NAB Choice Package, Private Tailored Package, NAB Introductory Rate Home Loan, Homeowner’s Package, 1 Portfolio Package and Private Portfolio Package for the life of the Package. When a package is cancelled/ terminated, the annual card fee will be debited after the Package ends and then annually in the same month thereafter.

As long as I can put the platinum into the choice package, then I read no fee for platinum. The main possible downfall is if they don't let me include the platinum in the chioce package and I haven't checked this aspect yet.

Last edited:
As long as I can put the platinum into the choice package, then I read no fee for platinum. The main possible downfall is if they don't let me include the platinum in the chioce package and I haven't checked this aspect yet.

I have a choice package which includes a free Gold Rewards Visa (worth $145.50).

I have enquired as to whether a Platinum Card would be included and after investigating for a couple of days they said no.

Even after I pointed out that I had spent $95,000 on Amex in the last 12 months ( on an ICAA affiity card which reverts to $1 for 1 point on 1/4/09) they said no.

After I suggested that a practical outcome would be to charge $144.50 ($290 less $145.50) for Choice package customers they said no.

They maintained the full $290 was payable but I could also keep the Gold Rewards card that is free as part of the package.(which I pointed out to them was ridiculous)

I would be very interested to hear if anyone has the fee reduced or waived.

Crow

The fee booklet is pretty clear. Basically all credit cards are free under the choice package.

Have you tried talking to your "banker"?

I don't plan to get the NAB card until mid 2009. But if they say I have to pay the fee at that time, I will just apply for a selection of their other cards.

Technically, the booklet was issued/printed before creation of the platinum card and therefore they can say no. All they have to do is to reprint the booklet...

Anyway that is outside the topic... I will call them up again tomorrow and see if I can get a deal out of them... I just don't think the card itself worth $290!!! I'm willing to pay up to $150 only... :evil:

CROW - Which department did you speak to btw?

The fee booklet is pretty clear. Basically all credit cards are free under the choice package.

Have you tried talking to your "banker"?

I don't plan to get the NAB card until mid 2009. But if they say I have to pay the fee at that time, I will just apply for a selection of their other cards.

All references to a credit card included in the choice package refer to Gold Cards only. (as this was until recently the best card they had available.) They do not say all cards are free.

I only spoke to my "banker" who looks after my business loan and personal banking. I did not make the enquiries direct to the NAB credit card people as I thought the best chance of getting any fee reduced or waived was through my "banker".

They conducted the enquiries within the bank (and it took several days for them to get a clarification) and responded that the full $290 was payable irrespective of the choice package that I have had for over 9 years.

OK.... Guess I will be spending hours to sort that problem out tomorrow...
Various team and various people until I get what I wanted...

By taking away the Qantas FF on ANT card, I should be able to migrate to platinum (No cap) free of charge instead of offering me the coughpy gold one(With Cap)

Will keep you guy posted if I got a deal from them.

Diesellife

The fees and charges booklet lists a fee for the qantas platinum card. It takes effect from the issue date until such time as another version is issued. Therefore, that fees and charges booklet is valid for the platinum card.

All references to a credit card included in the choice package refer to Gold Cards only. (as this was until recently the best card they had available.) They do not say all cards are free.
They say that the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package. Try the link that I posted.

As I mentioned, I haven't checked that a platinum card can be included in the Choice package. however:

I just had a look on the website. There nothing to say that a platinum card can't be part of the Choice package. In fact the link from the choice package benefit page does go to a selection of cards including the platinum. It does list some limited benefits related to gold cards and the velocity card. But that is only the website. The official word on fees and charges in the booklet they publish and that says the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package.

Do you already get the fee waived for another card? There is a limit of one fee waiver per customer. Are you sure that's not the problem.

Last edited:
Ok... Got my NAB platinum today and so I called NAB and see if I could get the annual fee waived...

At first, the operator from credit card department was checking and see if they can(allow) do it...but guess what...(Without even nagging for the waiving the fee) she found out later on that the annual fee has already been waived automatically by the system. How interesting?!

Further information - I do not have the choice package, just good relationship with NAB...So for all you guys going to apply/transfer, keep trying until get it for free...

Fee free for life platinum... now we are getting better than Citibank.:)
Perhaps its time for me to cancel my CBA plat card too...

Diesellife

They say that the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package. Try the link that I posted.

As I mentioned, I haven't checked that a platinum card can be included in the Choice package. however:

I just had a look on the website. There nothing to say that a platinum card can't be part of the Choice package. In fact the link from the choice package benefit page does go to a selection of cards including the platinum. It does list some limited benefits related to gold cards and the velocity card. But that is only the website. The official word on fees and charges in the booklet they publish and that says the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package.

Do you already get the fee waived for another card? There is a limit of one fee waiver per customer. Are you sure that's not the problem.

The website says that the choice package includes no annual fee on selected NAB Credit Cards (including Gold Cards).

NAB - Home Loan Choice Package

The Qantas Platinum Card is not one of the selected NAB Credit Cards (and it is not Gold).
The key word is "selected" and as your quote above says "the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package". Therefore if they have not selected it to be in the choice package it won't be included.

This is the emailed response from my personal banker after following it up over several days;

"I have received clarification on this.

The Platinum Card is a product that is not covered under the Choice Package.

Unfortunately the Bank will not cover the difference

The Gold Card will continue to be covered, should you wish to retain it as well as the Platinum.

I apologise for not being able to assist you further in this matter."

The difference they refer is the difference between the cost of a gold card that would be included and the cost of a platinum card as I was happy to pay the difference.

Don't rely on the wording of the charges booklet and the website to formulate an argument that the Platinum Card is included in the Choice package as it just won't stack up.

However that is not to say that it can't be negotiated into the package.

If anyone successfully negotiates please advise how you managed to go about it

Ok... Got my NAB platinum today and so I called NAB and see if I could get the annual fee waived...

At first, the operator from credit card department was checking and see if they can(allow) do it...but guess what...(Without even nagging for the waiving the fee) she found out later on that the annual fee has already been waived automatically by the system. How interesting?!

Further information - I do not have the choice package, just good relationship with NAB...So for all you guys going to apply/transfer, keep trying until get it for free...

Fee free for life platinum... now we are getting better than Citibank.:)
Perhaps its time for me to cancel my CBA plat card too...

That must be some relationship! Do you have compromising pictures of the CEO or something?

Care to enlighten us on how us mere fee paying choice package mortals can go about getting the Platinum card fee waived.

Just some simple ways from the banks perspective:

Never had a late payment in my life

Sometimes leave a balance to rollover (At the end of the day, they are still a business. Transactor does little or no good at all to the company)

Also I think the best way is to speak to NAB directly instead going thru your banker. I'm sure there is room to negotiate, just call up the credit card team and see what they can do to "SATISFY" you.

BTW: Direct line: 1300 147 565 is the credit card's team (Hope I didn't get it wrong) This will save you at least 10mins to get transferred.

Hope all that helps

The website says that the choice package includes no annual fee on selected NAB Credit Cards (including Gold Cards).

NAB - Home Loan Choice Package

The Qantas Platinum Card is not one of the selected NAB Credit Cards (and it is not Gold).
The key word is "selected" and as your quote above says "the fee is waived for cards included in a choice package". Therefore if they have not selected it to be in the choice package it won't be included.
Follow your link. At the bottom of the that page take the link to choice package benefits. On the benefits page go down to "NAB Credit Card". Follow that link and the a list of credit cards is shown including the qantas platinum.

The link from the Choice package benefits seems to clearly show that the platinum is one of the selected credit cards. Nowhere does it say these listed cards cannot be included in the Choice package. The discussion of gold cards fees is irrelevant.

When I get around to this, I will simply tell my banker that I want the platinum card as part of the choice package.

As for don't rely on what is in the Fees booklet. :shock: That's like saying don't rely on what's in the terms and conditions. I clearly have a contract with NAB that says the fees are as set out in the fees booklet.

Follow your link. At the bottom of the that page take the link to choice package benefits. On the benefits page go down to "NAB Credit Card". Follow that link and the a list of credit cards is shown including the qantas platinum.

The link from the Choice package benefits seems to clearly show that the platinum is one of the selected credit cards. Nowhere does it say these listed cards cannot be included in the Choice package. The discussion of gold cards fees is irrelevant.

When I get around to this, I will simply tell my banker that I want the platinum card as part of the choice package.

As for don't rely on what is in the Fees booklet. :shock: That's like saying don't rely on what's in the terms and conditions. I clearly have a contract with NAB that says the fees are as set out in the fees booklet.

Before you click on the link it shows you next to it in the benefits column that a NAB Gold Qantas card is included as a benefit of the choice package. If platinum was included it would show that as a benefit. It refers to a selection of cards but does not state what that selection includes.

The appropriate wording for your assumption would be "any Credit Card from our selection" which it clearly does not state.

The link is there to show you the full range of NAB credit cards so you can see what you are geting included in your choice package from the full range available.

Good luck to you with your argument based on the semantics of wording and links on their website.

I have had a choice package for 9 years and tried to argue via my $90k + per annum spend on Amex etc etc and have had no luck so far but I will try again.

I will be interested to know if you succeed.

Before you click on the link it shows you next to it in the benefits column that a NAB Gold Qantas card is included as a benefit of the choice package. If platinum was included it would show that as a benefit. It refers to a selection of cards but does not state what that selection includes.

The appropriate wording for your assumption would be "any Credit Card from our selection" which it clearly does not state.

The link is there to show you the full range of NAB credit cards so you can see what you are geting included in your choice package from the full range available.
That's is my point, you are not limited to including the gold cards or velocity cards that are listed in the left column. Because you can have a standard visa for example. The left column doesn't say anything about a visa mini, but it can be included in a choice package.

The link might show there full range, but the implication is clear from the fact that the choice benefits page links directly to a range of credit cards. I can only follow the information on their website in good faith.

would I go to the obbusman to argue that? Maybe.
Will I find out about this, not until at least April 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back