Amex Valet parking at Westfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
Well i finally got to use the Westfield Valet parking offer at Doncaster today - simple call to the Concierge to arrange. So was happy with that.

However the operator did inform me that from next month it won't be free anymore, it will be $7.50 (normal price is $10)

It should've ended by the end of March and I got told it's still being negotiated with Westfield at the moment. I mean they've extended it once and surely it's in their best interest to extend it again?

If this one goes, I am going to very very much considering cancelling my Plat Charge Card

The "enhancements" are really starting to annoy me

+1 this is probably the only feature that I use and if they take it away then hello Citi.

Bad news people...

I just called Amex, and they have informed me that Valet parking at Westfield will no longer be free, but only 50% off...

Westfield Doncaster - $5
Westfield Bondi - $7.50

Hmm... this, the insurances being dropped, and all the virgin lounges being dropped from australia leaving no australian airport lounges is really making me question whether or not to stay with Amex or move elsewhere.

I suggest others call and express their concerns to Amex complaints department, so that they know we aren't impressed... I just called them now.

Bad news people...

I just called Amex, and they have informed me that Valet parking at Westfield will no longer be free, but only 50% off...

Westfield Doncaster - $5
Westfield Bondi - $7.50

Hmm... this, the insurances being dropped, and all the virgin lounges being dropped from australia leaving no australian airport lounges is really making me question whether or not to stay with Amex or move elsewhere.

I suggest others call and express their concerns to Amex complaints department, so that they know we aren't impressed... I just called them now.

Welcome to the forum! Nice to see your first post after joining so long ago!

Amex is clearly cost-cutting with this measure and the removal of insurance etc etc

It's hard for me to justify keeping the card, but I'll add this to the list of "issues" I have with Amex when renewal is due

Bad news people...

Westfield Doncaster - $5
Westfield Bondi - $7.50

I've called an expressed my displeasure. Also, be aware that if you don't book through concierge you'll be charged the full rate.

Cheers

Steve

AFF needs a 'dislike' button.

With that said, @ $5 (Doncaster), I'd very happily pay that small 'surcharge' for ease of parking during peak shopping periods.

I've called an expressed my displeasure. Also, be aware that if you don't book through concierge you'll be charged the full rate.

Cheers

Steve

You had to book through the concierge anyway... But I see the rate for Doncaster is less than they told me in April.

Do you really pay $900/year to save $10 on valet parking? [-] How often do you hop?[/-] More importantly - how often do you shop?

+1 this is probably the only feature that I use and if they take it away then hello Citi.

I guess you have somehow opted out of the 1.5 points/$ spent then if you only use the free valet parking...

More importantly - how often do you shop?

I've used this enough times to justify the $900/year in the past.

I guess you have somehow opted out of the 1.5 points/$ spent then if you only use the free valet parking...

If another card offers a similar earn rate but at a lesser cost and more widely accepted then why not?

In fairness to Amex, blame virgin for dropping their lounges from the Priority Pass scheme. However it does lower the value of the card.

AFF needs a 'dislike' button.

With that said, @ $5 (Doncaster), I'd very happily pay that small 'surcharge' for ease of parking during peak shopping periods.

Good luck. SWMBO had the bright idea of going to Doncaster on Anzac day. Valet parking was closed as they were too busy!

Cheers

Steve

I've used this enough times to justify the $900/year in the past.

Wow that is a lot of shopping in one place. I am on first name terms with the valet parking guys where I shop - and I only go every two weeks on average - 90 times in a year is huge.

I also am happy to pay for valet parking at all times.

So for someone who hasn't used it - what is the procedure?

Call concierge. Give approx time and number plate?

Prices are effectively 50% off the turn up price ($5 v $10 at Doncaster, $7.50 v $15 at Bondi)
Can you still take advantage of the extra free hour at Event Cinemas (given Bondi only has 2hrs free?)

So for someone who hasn't used it - what is the procedure?

Call concierge. Give approx time and number plate?

Prices are effectively 50% off the turn up price ($5 v $10 at Doncaster, $7.50 v $15 at Bondi)
Can you still take advantage of the extra free hour at Event Cinemas (given Bondi only has 2hrs free?)

Yes call concierge and they will note your rego and mobile. They keep it on file so in future you don't need to repeat it. the valet charge is in addition to any other charges for parking beyond the hours. So if you rack up $5 extra whilst parking you pay that too.

Wow that is a lot of shopping in one place. I am on first name terms with the valet parking guys where I shop - and I only go every two weeks on average - 90 times in a year is huge.

It's $15 a pop and that's between my supp card holders and myself.

I also am happy to pay for valet parking at all times.

What's that got to do with anything?

I called Amex and they mention for Bondi we don't need to call concierge to book. We can just turn up. Can anyone confirm this is the case and get the discounted rate???

I called Amex and they mention for Bondi we don't need to call concierge to book. We can just turn up. Can anyone confirm this is the case and get the discounted rate???

That is correct - no need to call. Just show up, show the card and you've got two hours of free valet parking. When they first introduced it there was a requirement to call the Lifestyle team prior but they dropped that after about six months as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back