Amex travel credit

KarenR

Have a $450 travel credit which expires on the 12th of this month, rang Amex about an extension and they said they are extending the credits up until December 31st for any that expire before the end of July. Thank you Amex :)

Not too sure if this is the appropriate thread, but...
I booked a stay at a Sydney hotel using a travel credit and notice the booking price includes "Tax Recovery Charges and Service Fees".
Is this usual for an Australian hotel booking?

I booked a stay at a Sydney hotel using a travel credit and notice the booking price includes "Tax Recovery Charges and Service Fees".
I think that's probably GST.

Couldn't find anything online, so contacted AMEX and the only current offers sent out were to those whose credits expire by end of Dec. Was told to contact them again in early Feb

How does the travel credit work with Qantas's fly flexible policy.

If I cancel an international I-class fare that was booked with the credit, can I retain the full value in credit if I leave it with Qantas, rather than incur a $200 penalty if I seek to have the full amount refunded?

Travel credit can use any name in domestic airline ticket????
It's not per calendar year but per AMEX holder expiry year?

How does the travel credit work with Qantas's fly flexible policy.

If I cancel an international I-class fare that was booked with the credit, can I retain the full value in credit if I leave it with Qantas, rather than incur a $200 penalty if I seek to have the full amount refunded?

Amex confirmed to me on the phone today that an I-class fare has a $200 cancellation penalty (which I knew) but if you leave the cash with Qantas, you retain the full value as part of the fly flexible policy. Oh and apparently my trans-Tasman J trip entitles me to "one free piece of luggage up to 40kgs". Who knew?

Travel credit can use any name in domestic airline ticket????
It's not per calendar year but per AMEX holder expiry year?

Yes, per Amex membership year. I can't help with the first question.

Amex confirmed to me on the phone today that an I-class fare has a $200 cancellation penalty (which I knew) but if you leave the cash with Qantas, you retain the full value as part of the fly flexible policy. Oh and apparently my trans-Tasman J trip entitles me to "one free piece of luggage up to 40kgs". Who knew?

Yes, per Amex membership year. I can't help with the first question.
How long would that full value credit be valid for? And could you rebook it directly with Qantas (i.e. flight credit shows up on QFF account) or has to go through AMEX Travel again?

How long would that full value credit be valid for? And could you rebook it directly with Qantas (i.e. flight credit shows up on QFF account) or has to go through AMEX Travel again?

Welcome, minipenguin.

I'm afraid I didn't ask how long it would last but my guess is another 12 months. As for where the credit is stored, it would be with Amex and you'd need to book through Amex to use it.

Welcome, minipenguin.

I'm afraid I didn't ask how long it would last but my guess is another 12 months. As for where the credit is stored, it would be with Amex and you'd need to book through Amex to use it.
Thank
Welcome, minipenguin.

thanks for the info @Danger
Post automatically merged:

AMEX Travel is Borked at the moment.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back