Amex transfer to Airline partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just looking at transferring some MR points to airlines linked to the Amex card.
With SQ, and QF, it's 1:1 but for TG and MH and CX the rate is 4MR points = 3 miles in respective airline programs. CX is a premium product but the transfer rate from Amex to TG and MH is a little bit rich, isn't it?

I have Asia Miles account with nil points. I'm sure transfer from Amex to CX will be almost instantaneous but when I called Asia Miles centre, I'm told that there's minimum of two weeks processing time from the transfer to when I can use the miles. Can't understand that. If miles are credited to my Asia Miles account, I would think I can book award seat online right away. Can't I?

Btw, Availability on CX seems reasonably good compared to SQ over Xmas / NY period.

Just looking at transferring some MR points to airlines linked to the Amex card.
With SQ, and QF, it's 1:1 but for TG and MH and CX the rate is 4MR points = 3 miles in respective airline programs. CX is a premium product but the transfer rate from Amex to TG and MH is a little bit rich, isn't it?

I have Asia Miles account with nil points. I'm sure transfer from Amex to CX will be almost instantaneous but when I called Asia Miles centre, I'm told that there's minimum of two weeks processing time from the transfer to when I can use the miles. Can't understand that. If miles are credited to my Asia Miles account, I would think I can book award seat online right away. Can't I?

Btw, Availability on CX seems reasonably good compared to SQ over Xmas / NY period.

SQ charge higher taxes comparing CX

CX points get transferred in about 3 business days from past experience. Once it's in the Asia Miles account, you can use them right away.

I find CX Awards are way too expensive if you plan to leave Asia/Pacific longhaul. But that's just me...

Personally I would go for SQ, online booking discount and saver awards make it worthwhile if you can deal with a bit limited availability!!

TG is a waste IMHO.

Cheers
S

CX points get transferred in about 3 business days from past experience. Once it's in the Asia Miles account, you can use them right away.

Agree. Transferred several times and actually faster than 3 days in most instances.

It took about 5 working days for MH Enrich and about 3 days to Virgin Velocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back