AMEX Qantas Ultimate Card offer - apply by 30 June - with upto 30,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how they stipulate "classic award flight" and not ASA:!:

• Earn 1.5 Qantas Frequent Flyer points per $1 spent[SUP]2[/SUP] on your everyday purchases with the Card.
  • Earn 1 additional Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every $1 spent[SUP]2[/SUP] on your Card on selected Qantas products and services[SUP]3[/SUP] in Australia.
  • Receive up to 30,000 extra Qantas Frequent Flyer points[SUP]1[/SUP] if you apply by 30 June 2012 and are approved, that's
    • 5,000 points after your first purchase with the Card[SUP]1[/SUP]
    • 22,500 points after you spend $750 on purchases with your card in the first 3 months of becoming a Card member[SUP]1[/SUP]
    • 2,500 points after your first Card spend[SUP]1[/SUP] in Australia on selected Qantas products and services[SUP]3[/SUP]

Click here to see how far your points could take you.
  • Enjoy a Qantas domestic Economy return flight[SUP]4[/SUP] every year between selected Australian capital cities after your first Card spend every year in Australia on selected Qantas products and services[SUP]3[/SUP].
  • Redeem the points you earn for Classic Award flights[SUP]5[/SUP] on Qantas and their partner airlines
  • Choose from a range of products online at the Qantas Frequent Flyer store[SUP]12[/SUP].

Wonder if this is a new enhancement:?:

Approx 6 months ago amex had the same deal going but with a $250 annual fee for 1st year. Not quite as good as before, but it is still a pretty good card to have in your wallet.

What do people think the liklihood of Westpac/ANZ matching this or trying to compete with a similar offer on their platinum FF cards?

just wondering
1. what level of travel insurance is it? is it at platinum level with the new changes?
2. is it still same ratio for our favorite government charges?
3. Is the bonus applicable to people holding platinum reserve already?
4. is there a non amex that can do 1.5 per dollar?

Answers for scheps:
1. No travel insurance that I have seen( But see later post by Tony Hancock where you can gain cover as per his post provided you buy all your travel on this card and not on points)
2. Yes 1.5 points for ATO
3. Yes I think so but check that yourself as things can change swiftly at Amex
4. Citi Business can earn QF points at 1.25 per dollar spend but there is a points cap at 200k I think or was it 250k. It has been posted in the Citi Business thread.

The 2.5 points per QF spend is excellent plus uncapped could be a biggie if you are paying family bills to the ATO.

Last edited:
Thanks Cove! How can a card with such expensive annual fee not have insurance is surprising!!

And you are absolutely right, the uncapped earning is excellent! I assume its an automatic sweep? like the EDR?

Thanks again!

Thanks Cove! How can a card with such expensive annual fee not have insurance is surprising!!

And you are absolutely right, the uncapped earning is excellent! I assume its an automatic sweep? like the EDR?

Thanks again!

I believe the Ultimate card does come with a travel insurance policy:

Complimentary domestic and overseas travel insurance[SUP]7[/SUP] when you pay for eligible travel with your card. You'll receive the following cover for those occasions when things don't go according to plan:
Transport Accident Cover[SUP]7[/SUP] - up to $400,000 in the event of an accident
Travel Inconvenience Insurance[SUP]7[/SUP] - up to $200 if your flight departure is delayed
Medical Emergency Expenses Cover[SUP]7[/SUP] - up to $2,500,000 towards medical expenses
Baggage, Money and Documents Cover[SUP]7[/SUP] - up to $10,000 to cover loss or damage to baggage, money, or documents
Travel Cancellation Cover[SUP]7[/SUP] - up to $12,500 in the event that your travel is cancelled

Because I never pay for air tickets on Amex I don't qualify for the travel insurance offered by Amex Ultimate.
Thanks Tony Hancock for your correction.
Through work we run on Chubb but you have to have a business insurance broker to deal with them I think.
The last 3 years we have run on points redemptions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back