Amex points earned on different cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPT1977

I have about 400k points earned on a Amex platinum credit card. I want to get an Amex Ultimate card to earn QF points going forward, but I want to keep my existing MR points (obviously) but avoid paying the annual fee for the platinum card. I'm eligible for a free Amex gold card so does anyone know if I can link the new gold card to my exisitng MR account, then cancel the platinum card. I don't really want to pay the annual fee for the Ultimate card and for the platinum reserve card.

I have about 400k points earned on a Amex platinum credit card. I want to get an Amex Ultimate card to earn QF points going forward, but I want to keep my existing MR points (obviously) but avoid paying the annual fee for the platinum card. I'm eligible for a free Amex gold card so does anyone know if I can link the new gold card to my exisitng MR account, then cancel the platinum card. I don't really want to pay the annual fee for the Ultimate card and for the platinum reserve card.

I think you can do what you're proposing... but obviously you need to call Amex and ask them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back