AMEX Platinum Charge - Fee Waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am coming up to my anniversary date for my AMEX Platinum Charge Card and I'm not keen on paying the full annual fee.

I think I have large spend as I max out the 1.5:1 points offer cap on both the Charge and Credit cards.

What are your experiences in fee waivers/reductions on this card? Anyone had a 100% waiver?

Cheers

Damn .... I thought someone had their fee waived when I saw the title!

I think someone on here managed to get 50% reduction but I've only managed to get $200 off the renewal. I must whinge harder next year :D

Only managed to put through $50k on the card so that could've affected how much they're willing to drop.

Likely they would prefer you switch to the Platinum Credit Card if the Annual Fee is a concern, a 100% waiver of the fee would be setting a precedent.

Likely they would prefer you switch to the Platinum Credit Card if the Annual Fee is a concern, a 100% waiver of the fee would be setting a precedent.

That's exactly what they've said...worried about fees? Go get yourself a cheaper card.

That's exactly what they've said...worried about fees? Go get yourself a cheaper card.

The issue is whether there is value in the fee. For me there was, but given that the travel insurance will not be of value any longer, the value is no longer there.

I'll just drop back to a credit card and use the funds elsewhere.

Sent from my HTC Legend using AustFreqFly

Of course I am worried about fees. My return from my cards are a function of its fees.

I've been offered slightly more than a 50% discount on my $900 annual fee but I'm wondering whether I should be pushing for a full waiver considering my spend.

Just looking for precedents.

I've been offered slightly more than a 50% discount on my $900 annual fee

Just looking for precedents.

Been on 50% off, right from the start with no spend history..... at renewal a month ago (before the insurance changes), renegotiated the 50% off but was told this would be the last time. With insurance changes, it will be anyway!!!!!!

Been on 50% off, right from the start with no spend history..... at renewal a month ago (before the insurance changes), renegotiated the 50% off but was told this would be the last time. With insurance changes, it will be anyway!!!!!!

After the insurance changes, unless you have carefree discretionary spending through their Travel or Concierge services, no longer worth it. The Platinum credit card is better value if you still want AMEX, or a similar coloured VISA/MC offering (see other threads) if you don't. Bottom line: as long as it works, no-one cares about the colour of your card anymore.

I think someone on here managed to get 50% reduction but I've only managed to get $200 off the renewal. I must whinge harder next year :D

Only managed to put through $50k on the card so that could've affected how much they're willing to drop.

I had mine cut to 50% (ie $450). Won't be renewing next year due to Insurance changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back