AMEX Platinum Charge Benefits - Q&A | Page 33 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

AMEX Platinum Charge Benefits - Q&A

potm

Is it because the Amex travel portal use to give 1ppd for booking on there?
That bonus must have expired.

Flights
My Map
Suggestion for forum - should '- May 2015' be removed from this thread title to just make it an ongoing generic Amex Plat benefits query thread?

OK to my May 2019 query - any experiences at all where a Supp Cardholder travelling alone has used their card to Access VA Lounge and been subsequently pulled up / sanctioned? (Access via Plat Card technically restricted to Primary Cardholder + 1 Guest travelling together only). TIA :cool:

Flights
My Map
Suggestion for forum - should '- May 2015' be removed from this thread title to just make it an ongoing generic Amex Plat benefits query thread?

OK to my May 2019 query - any experiences at all where a Supp Cardholder travelling alone has used their card to Access VA Lounge and been subsequently pulled up / sanctioned? (Access via Plat Card technically restricted to Primary Cardholder + 1 Guest travelling together only). TIA :cool:
Haven't tried yet, but the supp card is no different than the primary. doubt the VA lounge staff know it's supp

• Agree
Reactions: DC3

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Do they scan the card on entry or do you just show it to them?

Flights
My Map
they do something on their computer. not scan though
I understand they probably wouldn't have time to track you on the spot but I thought AMEX would pick it up in their reconciliation process - I have Supp holders who have used it - best to just shut up I guess - I might just delete previous post too.

muppet

RE: VA access

I got asked once “With such long expiry dates on the card, what do they do if you don’t pay the fee, make you send it back?”

She was implying i would have lounge access long after i stopped paying fees.

I took that to mean that there was no online checking happening, they just confirm it has not expired and matches the name on your booking.

mini2

I've had me + 3 supps walking in together with our cards into a VA lounge. No issues at all.

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map

I take it that the Sup Holder has not volunteered any information that would cause being pulled up …… ?

Isochronous

Established Member
Flights
My Map

Done this many times and never had a problem.

fiBer

Intern

No issues at domestic lounges at any time with any of my supps. Only issue I had when I was a supp charge holder was in HKG Centurion lounge - on entry they scanned the card, questioned me on "who's account this was" and after explaining (that I was good friends with the account holder), they let me in.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizzie Bateman