Amex plat charge card 80k bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkybelle

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Clicked on a link on saturday for 80k bonus pts for applying for the amex lat charge card( $900)
normally I wouldnt pay that sort of money for any card but for 80k yes
also just found ut that anyone who has supplaimentry cards is covered for international insurance even when they dont buy the ticket with the card so that is certainly worth it.

American Express®
I think this deal is a doozie at least for one year.
as it includes the free flight
to international as well as domestic destinations.
  • You'll be pleased to discover a complimentary Platinum Reserve Credit Card is included with your membership (with the $395 annual Card fee waived). Better still, the Card comes with an economy return flight[SUP]16[/SUP] to one of 7 international or 29 domestic destinations or a one night hotel stay[SUP]17[/SUP] at a selected range of luxury hotels in New Zealand and across Australia every year.

Read the fine print, I took up the Amex Plat. 75K points offer Dec 2010, takes up to 3 months for free points to appear.

The previous offer was 75k. Make sure that once you've taken up the offer and carried out the qualify spend you continuously hassle them for the points.

Anyone else that took the offer up in Dec 2010/Jan 2011, what do you think the chances are of cancelling the existing and reapplying to grab the bonus points?

Last edited:
I was looking at this offer - can anyone see any negatives to it, at least for the first year?

Only potential downside I can see is the the 1.5 points per dollar is capped at $200,000 spend, then reverts to one for one... I think, last checked a couple of months ago.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back