Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Just got this by email from Amex:

With its low prices and wide range of products, Amazon.com is world famous for making online shopping quick and easy. It's where you'll find the new, the unusual and the simply great value. Now we're making overseas shopping even easier. Just use your American Express® Card on items eligible for shipping to Australia at Amazon.com and we'll take care of the standard shipping charges.
The offer applies to orders of US $100 or more placed with your American Express Card at Amazon.com in one transaction before 31 December 2014. But hurry, it's limited to the first 40,000 redemptions.
Here's how the complimentary shipping offer works
1.Set up or sign in to your Amazon account
2.Go to "Your Account", select "manage Address Book" and make your Australian address the Default Address
3.Search for your items on Amazon.com and click the "AmazonGlobal eligible" or the "Shipping to Australia" box on the left tab.
4.On the product details' pages check that the item you chose is eligible for shipping to Australia
5.Select "AmazonGlobal standard shipping" as your shipping speed and "Group my items into as few shipment as possible" as your shipping preference
6.Select your American Express Card as the payment method
7.Your shipping will automatically be reduced to $0 on orders of US $100 or more at check out
Note the Offer doesn't apply to items larger than 16" x 14" x 10" or over 20 lbs, digital content, Kindle devices and accessories, and gift cards.
Shop online with confidence
Our Fraud Protection Guarantee ensures you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised online transactions that appear on your statement, as long as you notify us of them immediately. It's worry-free online shopping every time.
Happy Shopping!

I won't use it and presume it's targeted, but check your inboxes. T&C's here:

Promotion Terms and Conditions:

Complimentary international standard shipping offer is available on eligible orders of USD $100 or more, charged in a single transaction to an American Express Card between 17 November and 31 December 2014, and shipped to an Australian address. Offer is available to the first 40,000 redemptions.

Offer is only valid for products eligible for international shipping to Australia. You can filter your search by selecting AmazonGlobal Eligible or "Shipping to Australia" and ensuring that the product ships to Australia. Offer only valid for AmazonGlobal eligible products and items must be sold by and purchased through amazon.com Only orders shipped via AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping are eligible for this offer. Amazon International Shipping Terms & Conditions apply.. Priority or Expedited shipping options are excluded from this offer. Offer does not apply to items larger than 16" x 14" x 10" or over 20 lbs., digital content, Kindle devices and accessories, or gift cards. Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.

Minimum spend of USD $100 excludes Import Fee Deposit, gift-wrap charges, duties, and taxes.

AMAZON.COM and the AMAZON.COM logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

The rules are complex and the site doesn't have the cues that the email says will be there. On check out, the shipping was still included, even thought AMEX was used to pay. I had to send an email to Amazon Customer Care with a screen shot of the promotion email and they refunded my shipping. Can't imagine them doing this for every purchase. Seems a bit of a messy promotion to me. Use with care.

I used it last week, and when I entered my Amex details, the shipping charges dropped off. As the shipping charges were more than the 3% Fx commission Amex charges cf to the 0% with the 28 degrees card, i elected to use the Amex card for the free shipping.

This promotion has been going for the last couple of weeks and I have used it four of five times.

Tips to ensure you get free shipping:

• Make sure your spend is over US$100 -- can be multiple items in one order
  • Ensure your items are "sold by Amazon.com LLC" -- this seems to only be displayed at the "Shipping & Payment" section of the checkout. If it's sold by another merchant then you'll have to pay shipping
  • Ensure the shipping speed is "AmazonGlobal standard shipping". This is the only shipping speed for this offer.
  • If you're ordering multiple items you can also select "I want my items faster. Ship items as they become available" option on the final page of checkout. Shipping remains free.
  • Offer can be used multiple times.

Yep. It works fine for any item that is over 100 USD, and eligible for shipping to Australia?

Anyone want to order anything that is really heavy to Australia?

NB, if it says "Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc" then it's not eligible.

Last edited:
The rules are complex and the site doesn't have the cues that the email says will be there. On check out, the shipping was still included, even thought AMEX was used to pay. I had to send an email to Amazon Customer Care with a screen shot of the promotion email and they refunded my shipping. Can't imagine them doing this for every purchase. Seems a bit of a messy promotion to me. Use with care.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with the instructions. I gave up.

Anyone want to order anything that is really heavy to Australia?

Offer does not apply to items larger than 16” x 14” x 10” or over 20 lbs., digital content, Kindle devices and accessories, and gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back