AMEX monthly statement --- ABN number there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdf

I just reviewed my AMEX monthly statement, and found that on the beginning of the first page, besides showing

Prepared for
spdf (my name here)

It also shows an ABN number one line below, but that number is my driver license number:shock: (I do not have any ABN).

I wonder whether this is common for other AMEX card holder? Or I wrongly filled up my driver licese number in the ABN filed in the application form?

Any one can look at your statement and tell me?

Thanks

Nothing appears on my Amex Plat Charge or Credit Card statements

Thanks. I should call them now..

quoting wrong ABN number could an offence? I think at least ABN and driver license are different in numbers of digitals....

What sort of account/card have you got? Just wondering if it is some funky Business account and they had to put something in the box.

What sort of account/card have you got? Just wondering if it is some funky Business account and they had to put something in the box.

It was an ACS (Australian Computer Society) Gold card, recently I was upgrated to Plat edge credit card (still ACS co-branded).

Just checked with the old statement when the card was a ACS gold card, the ABN number was already there (showing my driver license), but this is my persnal card...

I have the same thing on my standard platinum credit card statement (now platinum reserve credit card):

Prepared for
(My Name)
ABN: (my drivers licence)

Platinum charge card doesn't have "ABN" (whatever that's supposed to mean) on the statement...weird...

ABN's should only appear against Small Business Cards (Tax Reporting is a feature of the card) - looks like a case of driver's license numbers being entered in the wrong fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back