Amex Centurion - Diamond Marco Polo Club - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hey all,

This is my first post. Been having a read of this forum for a while now, you guys are one hell of a bunch... love the vibe here!

Just signed up for my Diamond Marco Polo Club membership... I know that it states that the membership is only for a year, though does anyone from expeience know if Centurion/Cathay Pacific renew Diamond status after 12 months or if they are hard pressed on this?

Cheers,

R

I am not sure that the promotion has been going long enough for any one to have experience of the renewal process.

Sent from my HTC Legend using AustFreqFly

Thanks for the response. I know this may be a newbie question, though I cannot just transfer 120,000 equivalent miles from my Amex account to qualify... I need to earn them from actual paid flights (just as with Qantas), correct?

Thanks for the response. I know this may be a newbie question, though I cannot just transfer 120,000 equivalent miles from my Amex account to qualify... I need to earn them from actual paid flights (just as with Qantas), correct?

Correct. Butt in seat only! Everything else would be toooooooo easy!! :cool:

What do you mean "seat only"?. I wish it was that easy! Just transferred 500k miles to Qantas.. Would be nice if they gave me some status credits for the transfer !

What do you mean "seat only"?. I wish it was that easy! Just transferred 500k miles to Qantas.. Would be nice if they gave me some status credits for the transfer !

Make sure your future award flights are Any Seat Awards when on Qantas and you will earn SC for the flights… there are threads here detailing how to do this and pretty soon that CX Diamond membership will be worthless as you’ll be a Qantas Platinum from flying ASA flights ;)

Make sure your future award flights are Any Seat Awards when on Qantas and you will earn SC for the flights… there are threads here detailing how to do this and pretty soon that CX Diamond membership will be worthless as you’ll be a Qantas Platinum from flying ASA flights ;)

Thanks for the response! :p

I just booked one-way TLV - BNK - SYD for 2 in Business class with my qantas points (departing Sydney via Singapore Air).

I searched for ASA for this TLV - BNK - SYD but I couldn't choose TLV (Tel Aviv) as a departure point! Any tips here?

Thanks heaps!

Just had an idea of booking TLV - BNK on Classic Awards and then BNK - SYD on ASA. Though, works out as follows:

TLV - BNK - Classic Awards - 168,000 - 2 x Business Class
BNK - SYD - ASA - At minimum points of 120,000 had to pay $4.5k AUD for 2 x Business Class tickets !

I currently paid 296k points for TLV - BNK - SYD and $500 in taxes. I checked the points calc and it says I'd earn 120 status credits for BNK - SYD, though not sure if its worth the extra $4.5k... Plus my Mrs doesnt need status credits...

Thought appreciated for this newbie ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Book award seat on QF, much cheaper and enjoy your Diamond for First lounges on One World. Diamond has renewed:) Better still next time transfer point to Asia Miles and be guaranteed redemption due to status

Hey all,

This is my first post. Been having a read of this forum for a while now, you guys are one hell of a bunch... love the vibe here!

Just signed up for my Diamond Marco Polo Club membership... I know that it states that the membership is only for a year, though does anyone from expeience know if Centurion/Cathay Pacific renew Diamond status after 12 months or if they are hard pressed on this?

Cheers,

R

Hi there,
FYI I have not used Cathay once on this program and I just received this letter:

"Cathay Pacific and American Express hope you have enjoyed your complimentary one-year Diamond membership in the Marco Polo Club, and we are delighted to renew it for another year."
etc etc

Interestingly they have sent me a new membership card and luggage tags, with the same membership number on it.

So it seems for centurion it is ongoing, but for amex plat charge for CX gold??? I guess no one is up to the stage of renewal yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back