Amex at Maccas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
Just discovered that no signature is required for Amex at Maccas if under $35. Must be a recent change

I know they do that for mastercard and visa but didn't know Amex. Will try that soon.

Maccas used to do this with Visa and MC for a very long time now.

Mind you, I hadn't come across a single Maccas before that accepted Amex. Now that they do, it's kinda convenient (depending on your point of view) that they can process small transactions for Amex like this.

It does get a bit inconvenient if you rely on receipts for statement reconciliation or for charging to expense accounts (although who eats Maccas on the company account?)

Just discovered that no signature is required for Amex at Maccas if under $35. Must be a recent change

I didn't even know they accepted amex! something new to try out!

Amex or not.

Why would anyone want to eat anything from there? Any local bakery or fruit shop has better offerings for breakfast and after that there's no excuse. Just as long as you get decent coffee.

Amex or not.

Why would anyone want to eat anything from there? Any local bakery or fruit shop has better offerings for breakfast and after that there's no excuse. Just as long as you get decent coffee.

It gets difficult to find a place open that sells fresh bakery items or fresh fruit at 2am in the morning after drinking all night ;) :p :D

Saw an advert recently extolling the virtues of being able to use Amex at McDonalds... Not really something I'll use (and yeah I do eat at McDonalds!), but nice to know it's around.

It gets difficult to find a place open that sells fresh bakery items or fresh fruit at 2am in the morning after drinking all night ;) :p :D

That's what kebab shops are for, but they're usually cash-only. If you have any left. :oops:

I noticed this the other day when grabbing a quick bite after a long day and it makes it very quick now to use Amex in the drive thru.

Luckily the diet starts today so Maccas was fine the other day;)

ejb

Amex or not.

Because they actually have better Coffee than most.

Amex acceptance at Maccas must be on a store by store basis as my local stores at Coffs Harbour don't take it. Even though there is a sticker on the drive thru saying that you don't need PIN or sign under the threshold for visa/mastercard/Amex transactions.

Amex acceptance at Maccas must be on a store by store basis as my local stores at Coffs Harbour don't take it. Even though there is a sticker on the drive thru saying that you don't need PIN or sign under the threshold for visa/mastercard/Amex transactions.

Did the staff refused the acceptance or the Amex transaction got declined?

Last time I tried to use my Amex, the drive thru girl advised that they don't take Amex. I asked her to swipe it anyway, it went through ok and no signature required.

AFAIK, all maccas now accept Amex...
KFC is another matter based on my experience. some do, some don't.

Had the same experience at Coffs Harbour Maccas a few weeks ago. The card was swiped at the terminal and declined. Flies in the face of the massive advertising campaign amex/Maccas are currently doing together.

Used Amex for the first time at Maccas and it worked without any problems and without a signature.

My waistline is not happy about this whole business :( I note that mcdonalds strand in sydney has signage in place stating visa mc and amex all require no pin.

Amex acceptance at Maccas must be on a store by store basis

Just out of interest edman, did this Maccas have the black "slide card at top" type of terminal or the grey "swipe down the side" style? I noticed that Amex acceptance seemed to happen when the stores changed to the black terminals (which also appear to be PayWave and PayPass compatible) Not sure if that is the deciding factor or not if Amex will work (and some stores are slower at getting the new terminals installed than others??)

Just out of interest edman, did this Maccas have the black "slide card at top" type of terminal or the grey "swipe down the side" style? I noticed that Amex acceptance seemed to happen when the stores changed to the black terminals (which also appear to be PayWave and PayPass compatible) Not sure if that is the deciding factor or not if Amex will work (and some stores are slower at getting the new terminals installed than others??)

+1 following the upgrade of terminals this year my Amex started to work (despite staff telling me they never accepted Amex:rolleyes:)

Paypass/Paywave also work too.

Just out of interest edman, did this Maccas have the black "slide card at top" type of terminal or the grey "swipe down the side" style?

Will have to check this out next time I am there, I've been trying to avoid the place for the last few weeks due to some extra xmas stomach starting to make its presence felt :( I only went for a quick fix as I'd been moving into a new office over the xmas break and it was the best option.

Sounds plausible, but flying in the face of the advertising and their own signs at the drive-thru windows. Hopefully you are right and its only a matter of time.

Amex or not.

I work in the city in the CBD and have tried many food outlets - frequently being highly disappointed (especially with the obsession for MORE food crammed into a tiny box or sandwich). Maccas provides a consistent product that is freshly prepared (I wont say cooked) and will fill me up.

Maccas is no less healthy than a kebab, fish and chips, tacos, pasta with cheese, fried asian food and all the other options I see in the food courts in the city. What I do know is that maccas have the funds to invest in good quality storage and training for staff in hygiene matters.

I certainly don't eat it every day but after the recent bouts of poor food court food and the closure of the one place I could get a consistent and decent almost healthy meal maccas might be getting more of a run for its money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back