Amex 5x bonus points on travel insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

obrienja

/rant I find it a little cheeky that Amex would degrade the policy from ACE Insurance that comes free with my Platinum card and then offer me an incentive to pay extra to take out insurance from Allianz. A better approach would be to dump ACE, offer complimentary Allianz insurance and perhaps demonstrate the "great customer service" that Amex seem to be searching for examples of right now /rant

Here's the email:

Dear jimmyaus,

Clothes. Toothbrush. Passport. Tickets. There’s plenty to pack before leaving on a trip. The last thing you need to make space for is worry. Enter American Express Travel Insurance.

Should trouble find you on your travels, we’re here to tell it where to go. And because inconvenience is never convenient, you can rely on us to be ready for it 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and wherever you are in the world. From the people you love to the possessions you cherish, you’ll find a comprehensive insurance policy for you - not to mention 5 Bonus Points[SUP]#[/SUP] for every dollar spent on any Annual Multi-trip policy.

I agree that this will not be lost on most members... Pretty offensive really.

I was thinking of going with Amex TI for an upcoming trip that was paid for using points (therefore I'm wary of relying on the Platinum Charge insurance given it is so ambiguous on points redemptions) and was hoping to get bonus points... but nooooooooo, I can only get them if I buy an annual policy :shock:

It should be noted I think you can get the exact same policy direct from Allianz for about $100 less.

I have received the email twice and also twice in the post via a postcard promo.

Instead of wasting tens of thousands of $ on this, they should have kept the insurance policy as it stood

I heard the commission rates on travel insurance can peak around 48% of the premium so pay attention and be careful with what you are getting as shovelling half of your money down the dunny could be considered wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back